The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2 pot rear caliper help!

WaLKeRR

Just rang a company who can get me uk spec rear (2pots) for x amount, but insists they wont fit my j spec? I know il need the uk discs 326mm? Or something jspec are 307mm? He said someone had them and returned because they dont fit? Was this person being silly and lefy j spec carrier on? As i assumed ul specs bolt striaght onto the hub? So to speak can anyone clear it up if they fit as said il buy them,

Thanks in advance Rob

The larger and smaller brakes are interchangeable, as said the only thing you will need to do is either trim, remove or replace the dust shields. You will also need the bigger discs, brake pads and pad fitting kit.

yeah so it seems a case of, remove full j spec caliper carrier etc!, and lets just say trim dust shield, fit bigger disc bolt upto hub fit biggers into the 2 pots, and will the new caliper have the pins etc with it would you say?

thanks again Rob

the calipers come with just the caliper from Toyota new....

No fitting kit, no pins, pads, etc...

I just got a front and rear fitting kit from Toyota it was £90

Stainless Pad pins from CW are worth the extra £

Discs and pads are at your preference..

Most people remove the dust shield completely for Big Brake Kit installation although you can buy new shields from Toyota if you need them.

The only thing I can think of (other than stupidity :)) is that someone confused the Supra calipers with the 2-piston rear calipers used on the Lexus IS and Mk2 GS300, but they are completely different.

Calipers are usually bare in the UK (our American cousins have the choice of "loaded" calipers, i.e. with pads, shims, pins, etc., semi-loaded - loaded without the pads, or unloaded - caliper only).

Rob I can sell you a full set of uk brakes discs calipers etc for £30. You have to take them off yourself though the next time that ricks old import is in the farm container for winter. (You have to refit your old ones so he don't notice)he's never really needed them.