The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TX2K15 Drag Racing Competition!

Chris Bailey

Aimee's cousins live in Texas and I'm so desperate to go over and visit around the time this happens :)

You should definetly go, I fly over every year for it, being going to it since TX2k11, however, the day events are nowhere near as good as the nights :D, but you do need to rent something with a whack of power, I have another freind(who's on here, but now sold his Supra for a GTR), and he flys out from Sweden for it and this year we both tried the new Camaro SS............. at 430hp, waaaaaay too slow, it was embarrasing, had the Corvette last year, was supposed to get one of the latest ones, but the 2 that they had got a dealer recall :(.

ETA: Where do her cousins live?

I was meant to be in Philly when this was on. If it had worked out I was going to fly down to Texas for the weekend but alas I'm stuck in the UK till the week after next.

How do you find out about the night events Marc as thats what id be going for?

I was meant to be in Philly when this was on. If it had worked out I was going to fly down to Texas for the weekend but alas I'm stuck in the UK till the week after next.

How do you find out about the night events Marc as thats what id be going for?

Not too hard, everyone meets at a hotel, it used to be the Omni, but apparently the noise from TX2k is worse than the annual Harley rally:D, so they stopped anybody entering the car park that wasn't a guest, now it seems to be the Marriot, this is where we stayed last year and it is quite a good hotel, big car park and the entire hotel is taken over by like minded individuals, you usually want to book shortly after the dates are released on Supraforums though if you want to grab a spot there, but you can still book in at the Omni, plenty still use it.

Anyway, it's a great atmosphere on a night, Thursday is usually a good chill night, everyone brings chairs, drinks and food into the car park and has a stroll around, few drinks etc. Friday night is the night when everyone goes out, you pretty much just get on the Katy Toll Road, do a couple of loops if neccessary and you will find yourself grouping up with cars to head out somewhere quieter, just make sure your grouping up with cars of similar performance(i.e. if you rent a later 5.0 450hp Mustang you're going to be seen as a hinderance if your sat with 1000+hp cars, you aren't really going to have a fun time either, but if your sat with some slightly fettled Evos, older stangs, C5 Corvette Z06's, you're going to have a pretty damn fun night).

If you do fancy going, I have a freind at Hertz in Austin(who has a 1300rwhp Supra) which can get you a discount on a rental(they have M3's, M5's, C7 Corvettes, C63 AMG's, etc) and you can always come down with us, great bunch of guys and I'm sure they would also take you out in some of their cars on a night aswell if you wanted.

Not too hard, everyone meets at a hotel, it used to be the Omni, but apparently the noise from TX2k is worse than the annual Harley rally:D, so they stopped anybody entering the car park that wasn't a guest, now it seems to be the Marriot, this is where we stayed last year and it is quite a good hotel, big car park and the entire hotel is taken over by like minded individuals, you usually want to book shortly after the dates are released on Supraforums though if you want to grab a spot there, but you can still book in at the Omni, plenty still use it.

Anyway, it's a great atmosphere on a night, Thursday is usually a good chill night, everyone brings chairs, drinks and food into the car park and has a stroll around, few drinks etc. Friday night is the night when everyone goes out, you pretty much just get on the Katy Toll Road, do a couple of loops if neccessary and you will find yourself grouping up with cars to head out somewhere quieter, just make sure your grouping up with cars of similar performance(i.e. if you rent a later 5.0 450hp Mustang you're going to be seen as a hinderance if your sat with 1000+hp cars, you aren't really going to have a fun time either, but if your sat with some slightly fettled Evos, older stangs, C5 Corvette Z06's, you're going to have a pretty damn fun night).

If you do fancy going, I have a freind at Hertz in Austin(who has a 1300rwhp Supra) which can get you a discount on a rental(they have M3's, M5's, C7 Corvettes, C63 AMG's, etc) and you can always come down with us, great bunch of guys and I'm sure they would also take you out in some of their cars on a night aswell if you wanted.

I deffo want to do it but obviously will have to be next year now. It was just a coincidence that work and TX2K15 were going to line up. Id want a Corvette or something like that as no point going all that way and getting a supra when I have one in the garage :D

You should definetly go, I fly over every year for it, being going to it since TX2k11, however, the day events are nowhere near as good as the nights :D, but you do need to rent something with a whack of power, I have another freind(who's on here, but now sold his Supra for a GTR), and he flys out from Sweden for it and this year we both tried the new Camaro SS............. at 430hp, waaaaaay too slow, it was embarrasing, had the Corvette last year, was supposed to get one of the latest ones, but the 2 that they had got a dealer recall :(.

ETA: Where do her cousins live?

Jamie mentioned you went every year! I bet it's a whole different level to what we have over here! I'll try and get out there next year :) Uhm Houston rings a bell but I've only met them once so can't remember. Would try and get myself a gtr if me and the mrs ever went :D

My Favourite one of them all!!

As much as I love the Supra, that Supra is not a Lambo killer, those two cars had to run 4 times that day, they should only have to of run once but the supra kept on speeding up before the start line and giving itself a 3 car lead and voiding the results, you can actually see it in the video, the Lambo was a far faster car. We were having a few beers that afternoon, but if I remember correctly, I think that Lambo actually won the roll race event.