The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What the Likelihood that my aeromotive FPR is Going wrong?

a98pmalcolm

Hey all. After my recent issues from this thread:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?320783-Any-Advice-I-Have-An-Odd-Issue-With-My-Supra

To summarise the car was honking out and all looked normal on the ECU datalogs the only issue I can think of is a fueling problem.

Would it be possible for aeromotive FPR to go wrong?

Thanks

Paul

I'm not sure its it has a fuel pressure sensor. Its not a thing I added so if its not a stock thing I'd say no.

The pump is only a few years old and I bought the FPR used. I have a pulsation damper bypass so it wont be around there.

A filter cant be much so maybe worth doing that 1st...

Edited by a98pmalcolm (see edit history)

I'm not sure its it has a fuel pressure sensor. Its not a thing I added so if its not a stock thing I'd say no.

The pump is only a few years old and I bought the FPR used.

A filter cant be much so maybe worth doing that 1st...

I would find the issue to be honest, before throwing anything at it. There's a lot of assumptions being made that aren't justified at the moment. You really need to fault find your fueling. For a start, what does your FPR idle at?

I would find the issue to be honest, before throwing anything at it. There's a lot of assumptions being made that aren't justified at the moment. You really need to fault find your fueling. For a start, what does your FPR idle at?

I have it set at 3 bar scott..

But its a temperamental issue.

Thanks for the help with this

Edited by a98pmalcolm (see edit history)

Yer it cuts randomly. It fine today and the past few days on the way to work . And start no probs. Just last night i went for a drive and felt a a little blip of it cutting out.

Nothing like a few nights ago when cut out a few times in the space of a few miles until it cut out completely and wont start for 20 mins...

Does it cut out randomly, when it's hot, when it's cold, etc. Supply loads of details of the circumstances when it is cutting out. Does it start again easily enough?

What did the FPR read when it wouldn't start? Definitely doesn't sound like the FPR anyway.

Next time it won't start check the FPR gauge and see what the pressure is like. Also take note of your AFR when it starts to die.