The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BMW 730d or VW Phaeton

dandan

I'm thinking about trying out one of these big saloons and just wondered if anyone here has owned either or both.

Looks like a 58 plate BMW with just under 60k or an 09/10 plate VW with 50k for similar money.

The VW has AWD and understated looks but there seems to be no escaaping the wood interior trim :D The beemer on the other hand can be had without wood but it suffers with the usual BMW rubbish snow and ice driving which is a slight issue.

Any thoughts...... :)

I've got an F01 730d, which is very, very comfortable and superb and chewing up the miles. I've had 46mpg when babying it for economy, I've never got it below 34, even when cruising at 70 (plus a lot of VAT :D).

In the recent snow, travelling across West Yorks, it did a lot better than some FWD cars and even better than some absolute trumper in a Q7! For the few days a year where we get snow and ice, and I'd not bother too much with the AWD (although I have my GTR for that :D )

You can get a 2011 730d for very sensible money.

Cheers guys

I've looked at the Audis....more money for the same age and mileage. If I were looking for something faster and sporty I'd go with the lighter Audi but it's just not that sort of car I'm after.

Quite like the look of this http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201503091562319/sort/default/quicksearch/true/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/channel/cars/page/1/price-from/11000/model/7_series/radius/1500/price-to/12000/postcode/gl193nw/usedcars/make/bmw?logcode=p

Was driven around in a VW Phaeton for a few days whilst working in Zurich, although the roads appeared to be nicer there the car was sooooo comfy! Very smooth & a great place to be in after a long hard day at work. Without a doubt the VW gets my vote, interior I personally think is pretty nice too.