The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Varrstoen ES2 wheels?!

JackyBoi

I'm in the process of selecting some Varrstoen ES2 wheels. First of all are these a good brand to go with? I don't want to break the bank but I also want some tasty looking alloys with a fairly big tyre on the rear. I'm looking at getting the rears in 19x11 and the fronts 19x9.5 but my question is: what offsets do I need to ensure a perfect fitment? The website I'm purchasing them from offers the 19x11's in et25 only, and offers the 19x9.5's in et0 and 22. So will et25 on the rear be okay, and what about the front; 0 or 22? Some help would be really appreciated here as I'm not great with alloy fitments! Thanks guys!

Quick pic (but in gloss black not matte)

Edited by JackyBoi
Noticed 10.5 won't fit on the front for $%#! (see edit history)

The 9.5 et22 on the front MAY fit, not sure if it would need roling or not, but the rears would not fit with stock arches with an 11j et25

Maybe the 9.5 et22 all round would be more ideal solution, again rear arches would probably need a roll for that too

The 9.5 et22 on the front MAY fit, not sure if it would need roling or not, but the rears would not fit with stock arches with an 11j et25

Maybe the 9.5 et22 all round would be more ideal solution, again rear arches would probably need a roll for that too

Oh I don't mind rolling the arches at all, I just need to get that tyre to fit under somehow :) I don't feel safe with the 265's as I lose traction up to 3rd. So would et22 fit on the front with arch rolling, as for the 11j et25 rear would that also fit, just with arch rolling?

Glanza_Mike has some.varrstoen mate ! (with spacers ???)

Not sure if they fit the big brakes, have had à look at these wheels too, but seemed to be too complicated to drive.with them... And 19" is 1" too much for me.

Yeah I've asked him for some help I just need to get the offsets resolved. Yeah would have been nice to get 18" it's still boggling around in the back of my mind that the ride will be nicer, but that extra " does wonders for the appearance

Do you really put your (fake) wheels at the limit when simply road driving/cruising ?

But i ve always bought quality wheels. But have had some 15" rota je and they were nice/light/cheep... Couldn't juge the quality as i've never put the car on smth other than public roads...

Do you really put your (fake) wheels at the limit when simply road driving/cruising ?

But i ve always bought quality wheels. But have had some 15" rota je and they were nice/light/cheep... Couldn't juge the quality as i've never put the car on smth other than public roads...

Well, when you're road driving/cruising and you hit one of the many potholes and the wheel(s) buckle, you'll wonder why you wasted the money.

Have had the expérience with the rotas and they were still in one pièce lol but you're right, nothing better than quality wheels because we never know, that's like brake. but this depend how you use your wheels i think (have seen people buying some xxr for their racecar lol !)

Would like to see these on a Supra, concave and a dish , think they only come in ET8 18X11 (biggest) , the ones below are the 18X11

https://scontent-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/11054323_801842906560548_4909979742317176995_n.jpg?oh=de3b8b1be4c743cbf3f39a019c3f94ff&oe=55A081C2

With the deal Driftworks have currently got on Works Emotion wheels I don't know why anyone would consider fake wheels.

So these wheels are no good in terms of quality? If by fake you mean just imitations I don't mind that, but if they're fake as in poor quality then I won't bother..

Had a good read through one of Jamesy's threads regarding alloy wheels, widths and offsets etc and I'm thinking about ditching the Vaarstoen's and going for a set of Rota GTR-D's, but with a 9.5" front and a 12" rear... Hoping to get some 255's on the front and 315's on the back, if this is a realistic goal? Last thing I want to do is go and order wheels and tyres which wont fit... ;)

With the deal Driftworks have currently got on Works Emotion wheels I don't know why anyone would consider fake wheels.

I just had a look on there, some of the prices are unreal considering the brand name involved. They seem to make a lot of cast wheels too though.

Yeah I know I'm having it rolled, but it will fit with some work, right?

The most ive seen people run on stock archs with a heavy roll is 11.5" but that will get the 315 tyre you want. Why not save a little longer or buy a good set of second hand wheels if budget is an issue, can't really understand why you would want Rota's on your car.

No chance mate, you would need wider arches to fit that, for that type of width you would need ET55+ to have any chance i think

To give a comparison, mine is lowered with a 10J ET30 on the back and need the arches rolling, now they are rolled it sits almost flush with the arch

The most ive seen people run on stock archs with a heavy roll is 11.5" but that will get the 315 tyre you want. Why not save a little longer or buy a good set of second hand wheels if budget is an issue, can't really understand why you would want Rota's on your car.

Because Rota's look really good, have a wide variety of widths/offsets, easy to purchase online in the right size and they're great value for money.

No chance mate, you would need wider arches to fit that, for that type of width you would need ET55+ to have any chance i think

To give a comparison, mine is lowered with a 10J ET30 on the back and need the arches rolling, now they are rolled it sits almost flush with the arch

Might back down to an 11J rear then, offset of around 40 maybe? Am I right in thinking the lower the offset, the more it will stick out of the arch? So increasing width means increasing offset? Still hoping to fit a 9.5J on the front with an offset of 25.

You can get a 9.5 on the front at that sort of offset IF you run something like a 225/35 tyre and have the car lowered quite a lot to give some extra camber. Arches require rolling of course.

It is worth checking out MarcAB10's car for this. He has a 9.5 +24 front. It is spaced out at the moment so is at +4. It sits extremely close to the arch and the car is very low.

As for the rear, you could go 11" ET17 with a 265/35 if you so wished, but if you wanted a bigger tyre (something like a 315, which I run myself) you'd want to be looking at something like 11.5" +50. You'd need the rears rolled/flared/cut for this as well.

You can get a 9.5 on the front at that sort of offset IF you run something like a 225/35 tyre and have the car lowered quite a lot to give some extra camber. Arches require rolling of course.

It is worth checking out MarcAB10's car for this. He has a 9.5 +24 front. It is spaced out at the moment so is at +4. It sits extremely close to the arch and the car is very low.

As for the rear, you could go 11" ET17 with a 265/35 if you so wished, but if you wanted a bigger tyre (something like a 315, which I run myself) you'd want to be looking at something like 11.5" +50. You'd need the rears rolled/flared/cut for this as well.

Alright in that case scrap the 315 idea haha, will a 295 fit under rolled arches? I don't want them flared or cut

I just had a look on there, some of the prices are unreal considering the brand name involved. They seem to make a lot of cast wheels too though.

The Emotion D9R has really caught my eye.. :D