The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hey from Derby

harryww89

Hi Chaps,

Just thought i'd introduce myself on to the forums...

My names Harry, 25, Automotive Engineer from Derby.

I've just bought my first Supra through JM-Imports which arrives around May 15', I have a good relationship with Jurgen and bought a GTR through him before, Also a good friend of Andy Conroy (Suprafan72) who had the wangan supra originally.

Previously owned a run of Japanese cars, bought from standard and modified myself. At 20 I had a 200sx, tastefully modified to around 270bhp for track use (not drift), then at 22 I bought myself an R33 GTR Vspec through JM, and modified this to around 400bhp which was enough for a 12.3@114mph 1/4mile. I sold the GTR at the start of 2014 so I could go travelling for a year through Asia & Australasia, i've now come back with a bit of a bug for a fast car again so decided on getting a Supra, always fancied one and thought why not? :)

Attached are a few pics of my old Jap wagons.

200sx

When I first got it;

Before I sold it;

R33 GTR

Day I picked it up;

After I'd finished with it

I've gone a bit different this time and instead of buying the car standard, it's already modified with a lot of the parts to save some time and money. The car does need some attention to be perfect, so I will no doubt be trying to pick your guys brains on a few things.

Spec of the Supra as far as I can tell... & a few pics

1995 Toyota Supra RZ 6spd

57,000kms

Trust 6pot caliper

ATS 2way LSD

ATS carbon clutch

Aragosta Coilovers

Recaro SR 2

Sparco steering Wheel

900PS corresponding fuel system

HKS TO4Z turbine kit

Large intercooler

Koyo high-capacity radiator

F Con V.PRO (gold professional)

HKS100 Ti high power muffler

Gauges Galore

Do Luck Body Kit

Voltex GT Rear Spoiler

18" Works Meister 3pc

Original plans are to get everything refreshed in terms of oils & fluids, and have all the suspension geometry set up correctly. From this, i'll be getting the car on the Dyno to see how it's running and if any amendments are required to make sure it's running safely, they will be addressed.

Apart from this, an Interior needs to be sourced to put into the back and I'm still very undecided about the bodykit. For certain the Voltex rear spoiler will be sold in replacement for an OEM item, but as for the rest of the car, i'm currently 50/50

Anyway, looking forward to Supra Ownership and popping along to some track/drag days with you chaps.

Cheers,

Harry

Edited by harryww89 (see edit history)

Nice looking one. similar in specs to mine which I am also waiting to arrive from japan (even the arrival times are close - mine should be here May 18 :D ). Mine looks quite similar to your under the bonnet, it has T04S turbo though - a slightly smaller IIRC compared to t04Z... Nice color combo oh and yes, the wing is kinda big but who knows, maybe you'll like it in person :D

congrats on your new ride :)