The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Howdy

cushti

Hi

Just bought myself a black aerotop n/a a few weeks ago. Always been on my car bucket list as had loads of cars over the years. Yes sorry, I probably am boosting the average age on this site! I even found an old sale ad for it on this forum:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?310022-Supra-aerotop-3lt-n-a-2002-black-few-mods

It's not in as good condition now as it's obviously not been taken care of since then but it makes it more fun to learn about your car while giving it the tlc it needs (first jobs to do: rocker gaskets leaking, pas leaking, rad leaking, starter knackered, air hoses perished, front brake hoses perished, spigot rings missing, cam cover missing, a good service e.t.c, e.t.c).

Also front bumper needs replacing as too low- common theme it seems with every other wanted ad for a front bumper lol. Or I might be able to raise the Teins a bit & repair it, haven't checked that one out yet.

Must say this site has so much great info & FAQs that it's been worth the membership fee already. I've done mods & engine conversions on other cars over the years so I must remember not to get carried away & add a manual & turbo, hmmmmm!

this cars been around the block a bit... i had it a few years back and sold it on as a project to one of the traders down south... was a bit rough then.

Last guy who had it was a trader in north west for £1800 iirc.... needed a few bits apparently....

Hi Keron - it's probably the same one as it only cost me £2k delivered off a trader, nice chap, in Colne Lancs who exports jap cars. Cheap for a reason I know as I looked over it beforehand & have budgeted to get it in good condition. It is solid so a nice foundation to start with.

Hi mate - live in Ilkley, work in Wetherby. How about you?

Done quite a bit on it the last couple of weeks. The pas leak turned out to just be a new o'ring needed under the reservoir where it pushes into the pump, result! Bad luck with the clicking starter, fitted new plunger & contacts only for it to then start freewheeling. Have bitten the bullet & bought a new one. Removed all a/c parts as it wasn't working, refitted bracket to support pas pump & fitted new shorter belt. Taken silver Jade R 19s concaves off, put on new staggered deep dish black Wolfrace 18s.

Forgotten a few cars I've had no doubt but in the last 10 years I've been lucky to have had: 2dr chevy 5.7 Range Rover, Golf mk2 16v gti & mk1 8v convertible, 205 1.9 gti & cti, 5.0 t-top mustang, e30 325i sport/convertible/touring, jaguar xjc, e34 535i sport, e24 635csi, Impreza WRX saloon & wagon, mustang v8 converted e36, e36 convertible, Porsche 928 & a few Camaros 1967/1971/1982.

Currently have a black 1978 Trans Am 6.6 t-top long term project in garage at home so needed an easier short-term project to keep my spirits up. The Aerotop is almost roadworthy just in time for when the weather changes so I can use this to commute when it's sunny instead of the e320 merc barge. I like the Supra much more than I expected & it will be hard to resist converting it to a manual turbo when I've finished all the little jobs on it!