The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Any Advice, I Have An Odd Issue With My Supra *SOLVED*

a98pmalcolm

EDIT: *SOLVED*

Managed to get a data log in time off the Syvecs ECU and it it was the Map Sensor.

Massive thanks to Ryan from Syvecs and Paul at whifbitz for all the e-mails and time...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok.. all i did today was tighen my sump plug, tighten my oil filter and fit new heater controll buttons and my car has developed an odd issue.

Its all complete coincidence but what the issue is the car will just turn off while driving. As if i ran out of fuel?... But i turn the key on and off while in gear (like a rollin bump start) and the works.

Well just now it took me 10 mins to get the car started and it finially did (like it had no fuel). There is no musfires or bumps while driving it. Jusy this odd issue when it just cuts off.

Car is on syvecs...

Any suggestions would be great

Thanks

Edited by a98pmalcolm (see edit history)

Is the syvecs oil pressure sensor not on the oil filter housing? Might have knocked a wire whilst changing the filter putting the syvecs into limp mode.

- - - Updated - - -

Is the syvecs oil pressure sensor not on the oil filter housing? Might have knocked a wire whilst changing the filter putting the syvecs into limp mode.

Logs are easy to get off just keep re watching Ryans video they are great, I find the log over writes fairly quick so ull need to pull the log off fairly soon after it cuts out or avoid boost after so it does not start logging again , if you connect up to the syvecs in scal device errors whats it showing in there ?

I'm assuming it was okay before you had the 2step/Antilag?

I have had the anti lag for a few weeks now. And this started to happen last night.

I will check battery conections and oil sender when i get home from work.

Then attempt the logging thing.

Could it be wide band lambder could do with a clean?

Small Update:

Ryan G kindly checked the logs that I had and the oil pressure is a nice set steady 3 bar. Only suggestion it was fueling.

2 days later the issue hasn't re occurred so my mind set was it was just air in the line or fuel isn't quite smoothly flow at that point.

I'm going to get some fuel treatment for my next tank of fuel tomorrow of which I will also be driving a fair bit tomorrow.

Fingers crossed that my car just wasn't impressed with my recent interest in R34 GTR's lol ;)