The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Something Different - Rear lights

mattdavies

So I have some parts lying around and I placed some rear lights together. If I was to put them together properly do you think anybody would buy them (without the black line).

I personally think they would look good on a Red Supra but your thoughts please

I am sure I once saw a C4 Corvette in this country with the standard red 'turn signals'.

I dont know if that was legal either though... looked good imo.

For reference: http://s49.photobucket.com/user/JEFNLSA/media/MyLT4Nov070231.jpg.html

The red turn signal in the US is legal but not in the UK.

I think it could work as I am sure I have seen many cars with all red tail lights, just would need to make sure that the omitting light is amber for the indicators and white for reverse.

I think it could work as I am sure I have seen many cars with all red tail lights, just would need to make sure that the omitting light is amber for the indicators and white for reverse.

Have looked into this already Mr Abz and as far as I am aware Amber can be created using a Bright Yellow Light behind a Red Lense. The reverse potentially doesnt need to be White it can be Red, From what I have read it seems that a reverse can be Red or White, but they may just be my interpretation of the rules

Indicator has to be amber, as above, a yellow or green (apparently) bulb makes the red lens flash orange(ish)

The reverse light is a driver courtesy light/driver aid like the interior light. It's not a legal requirement for a car / not MOT tested so it can be removed if you want. But in-keeping with the law it has to be white or red as it's on the back of the car.

Indicator has to be amber, as above, a yellow or green (apparently) bulb makes the red lens flash orange(ish)

The reverse light is a driver courtesy light/driver aid like the interior light. It's not a legal requirement for a car / not MOT tested so it can be removed if you want. But in-keeping with the law it has to be white or red as it's on the back of the car.

Thank you for the Clarification. Might build these with some LED rings behind the lens and see if any body wants them. If not will run them myself

I personally really like the red, think it looks better than the all clear ones you have previously done, although I did like them too.

I could Potentially do a facelift version. I will put it together at somepoint over the weekend and post what it look like. It would have the Facelift center red ( with no reflector ) and the the pre-facelift outers all in the Facelift casing.

• 2 weeks later...