The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Robert Jordan - The Wheel of Time series of books

mwilkinson

I'm currently on book 12 of this epic series of books. I'm loving it, although at times it has been a bit of a slog to get through never ending over descriptive scenes.

I started reading the books back in 1992 but Jordan took so long between books after book 9 I decided to give up and wait for him to finish them before I would try again.

Unfortunately in 2007 he promptly died, not having finished the epic. The last book he wrote on his own was book 11.

The last three books have been finished by Brandon Sanderson. He divided the material for A Memory of Light into three volumes.

Just wondered if there were any other fans out there?

Yep Iv read them all! :) LOVED them! They are currently my fave book series Iv ever read! :)

I was starting to think I was the only person who had ever read them for a moment.

I have to say the pace of the books changes drastically in the last 3. It's refreshing but also slightly sad as I know I will shortly finish them.

What am I meant to read then!!?

I only finished them about 2 months ago, i had read them up until 11 before that. Just happened across the first book in the library back in 07 iirc, read all the ones released and then bought them. Trying to get them all in hardback now, missing 1-5. Great series but once you finish them you'll think, damn it ended so quick (14 books!) lol. Id try Raymond E Feist after, not as good but worth a read.

I have the whole set in hardback. I've got up till book 9 first editions from Orbit in the UK. Then when they stopped the graphic covers by Mr Sweet I swapped over to the TOR Fantasy American releases.

I've picked the bones dry of Mr Feist a few years back. I read most popular fantasy to death whilst at Uni.

One of the best series of books, outside the fantasy genre, I have read was the Matthew Shardlake books by CJ Sanson.

I'm also quite partial to Bernard Cornwell. Especially the Uhtred of Bebbanburg series. Basic but fun to read.

I was just looking back over the books I have for Mr Feist.

It is Magician, Silverthorn, A Darkness at Sethanon and then a host of Rift War books.

I'll be honest and say that I can hardly recall the books and as such will be giving them a go after I finish The Wheel of Time.

I enjoyed the Rift War books most, it all went a bit mad at the end imo. Will have to read them again but not for awhile yet though as im reading Terry Pratchetts Discworld novels as a kind of tribute. In regards Jordan again, iirc there was a biker who told him he'd pi$$ on his grave if he died before finishing the books....i wonder did he!?!