The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How likely am I to get 9.5J +22 wheels on the front?

Scott

As above really. I'm giving my mind treats for an alloy upgrade but the only thing that will stand in my way for my ultimate wheels is the lack of options for the front. The narrowest I can find are 9.5" but they are +22 which I think is cutting it a bit thin.

Any experience with this?

My car won't be slammed but it will be comfortably low. I'm happy to hold back a LITTLE on the tyre widths but I don't want the stretched look so I would be looking for properly sized tyres to go on there.

With the above in mind, what are my chances?

I had very similiar on my old silver one mate with the SSR's. No arch work and didnt rub and i think i had a 245 tyre so no massive stretch. Check my garage for exact sizes if you need.

Was a great looking aggressive fitment

That sounds very promising mate. Thanks :)

Someone on here had 9.5J ET12's and iirc all the arches needed was rolling. Myrddin will know more, he's just bought wheels with a mega offset. Drop him a Pm mate

I would rather not do a roll to be honest. However, I don't think I would gain much anyway, they are pretty much tucked in as standard :)

I would rather not do a roll to be honest. However, I don't think I would gain much anyway, they are pretty much tucked in as standard :)

Yeah, I reckon if you only need a roll to get ET12's in, ET22 should just about clear, or at the most need a tiny bit of roll just on the lip of the arch. I've got to fit these ET12's, so if you give it a couple of weeks I'll let you know how much room there is.

I had very similiar on my old silver one mate with the SSR's. No arch work and didnt rub and i think i had a 245 tyre so no massive stretch. Check my garage for exact sizes if you need.

Was a great looking aggressive fitment

Did you have really stretched tyres on at any point mate? It's tough to tell from the pictures but some look reasonably flush and some look like they have a large stretch on.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I reckon if you only need a roll to get ET12's in, ET22 should just about clear, or at the most need a tiny bit of roll just on the lip of the arch. I've got to fit these ET12's, so if you give it a couple of weeks I'll let you know how much room there is.

Cheers mate, I'm not in any hurry as I've been pining over these wheels for years. Another few months won't do any harm lol.

Did you have really stretched tyres on at any point mate? It's tough to tell from the pictures but some look reasonably flush and some look like they have a large stretch on.

Hi mate I ran a 225 for a bit but it looked crap - this is what I had:

18" SSR SP1 Alloys – Front: 18x9.5 et25, Rear: 18x11 et24

Michelin Sport Tyres Front (245/40/18)

Michelin Sport Tyres Rear (315/30/18)

So a 245 on a 9.5j was no big stretch to be honest....