The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Let Her Go Yesterday..!!

Havard

As some will know, I agreed the sale of the car before Christmas but after a few issues with payment, my workload and then the new owner having an accident which involved operations, we held on to her a little longer than expected. Last week I spent a couple of nights getting her back to where I like her.

This was her in the garage before we set off on a road trip. In order to make things easier, I agreed to drop the car off with Chris Wilson as there was some work requested before the car was handed over.

Ste D helped me get her down to Chris Wilson's place last night. He drove the Supe and I could see him having fun in my rear view mirror. Here are a couple of pics of how we left her there. Met Chris for the first time and had a bit of a chat. Great guy and enjoyed our exchange.

The car is now due to have a couple of bits done mechanically before the new owner will collect. I will let them reveal themselves at a later date. I am pretty sure this will be my last Supra but you never know. There are a few cars I would like to own and hope that an FT-1 will be in reach in a few years.

We still have plans to do Dragonball and will always fancy club events. Made some great friends on this club and what car you drive, doesn't make any odds to me, it's the people that count.:)

I will miss her as we have done 14K miles over the last four and a half years, four Dragonballs and he has never let me down but it is time to move on. I hope the new owner enjoys her as much as I have.

H.

Edited by Havard (see edit history)

That's a stunning car H, the wheels look especially good.... all a great combination all over.

You've done more miles in that car than I've done in my entire Supra ownership :D

Did 17K in the white one too...:p

Wheels are great looking but have a small amount of lacquer damage. I would have refurbed them in the next couple of years if I had kept her. The centres are perfect and there isn't any kerbing.

H.

The tiptronics are a bit marmite, I didn't like the stock buttons for anything but driving in traffic. On a decent road, they don't add anything to the driving experience IMO. A decent set of paddles improves it drastically, and is a relatively straightforward and cheap job for the huge difference it makes.

seems a few of the older guard drifting away or thinking about it this year, I know you never completely bonded with the tip and nice to try other things if they catch your eye. Hope the Beemer brings you a few smiles.

Cheers Scott. I haven't forgotten your rods and will see if I have some packaging at the office on Wednesday. The beemer is a hoot to drive, very raw and Mrs H is starting to love it and show an interest in driving it. She took it to work the other day...lol. She wasn't happy about the Supe going as she fears change generally.

The tiptronics are a bit marmite, I didn't like the stock buttons for anything but driving in traffic. On a decent road, they don't add anything to the driving experience IMO. A decent set of paddles improves it drastically, and is a relatively straightforward and cheap job for the huge difference it makes.

Weird. Whether it is a flappy paddle or buttons, I just can't get used to driving that way. If I am in a manual car, I never even notice me changing gear, it's just instinct or habit, I don't know.

H.

I've done 47k in 4 years in my car. All very very happy miles. Must be weird H not having it sitting there is it?

No mate. Got the Z if I fancy a blast. To be fair, since Christmas, she has been tucked up in the garage at our new house. We haven't moved there yet due to renovations being required but the garage is usable. With me having three months without walking past her, I have kind of got used to it.

Weren't you going to sell yours? It it similar to ours in a lot of ways.

H.

No mate. Got the Z if I fancy a blast. To be fair, since Christmas, she has been tucked up in the garage at our new house. We haven't moved there yet due to renovations being required but the garage is usable. With me having three months without walking past her, I have kind of got used to it.

Weren't you going to sell yours? It it similar to ours in a lot of ways.

H.

Yeah I was selling it at the start of the year but decided to try keep it after spending so much money on and the new singke kit. The other half said I'd be unbearable to live with if I sold it haha. I'm sure the car went to a good home mate.

All the best

T.

Cheers Scott. I haven't forgotten your rods and will see if I have some packaging at the office on Wednesday. The beemer is a hoot to drive, very raw and Mrs H is starting to love it and show an interest in driving it. She took it to work the other day...lol. She wasn't happy about the Supe going as she fears change generally.

H.

No worries re the rods :) I was stuck in traffic next to a normal Z4 and it struck me how compact they were with you nearly sitting on the rear axle. I'm sure it's fun, nice responsive powerful NA engine in that dinky little thing!

Weird. Whether it is a flappy paddle or buttons, I just can't get used to driving that way. If I am in a manual car, I never even notice me changing gear, it's just instinct or habit, I don't know.

H.

I don't suppose having a Z4m on hand was helping the tiptronics cause :D. I haven't driven one, but if they're anything like the E46 M3 to drive, it must be a hoot. :cool:

Glad to hear that such a stunning car is staying in the club though.

No worries re the rods :) I was stuck in traffic next to a normal Z4 and it struck me how compact they were with you nearly sitting on the rear axle. I'm sure it's fun, nice responsive powerful NA engine in that dinky little thing!

It's as much fun as you can have with your pants on.

I don't suppose having a Z4m on hand was helping the tiptronics cause :D. I haven't driven one, but if they're anything like the E46 M3 to drive, it must be a hoot. :cool:

Glad to hear that such a stunning car is staying in the club though.

The Z is a hoot, very raw but reasonably comfortable on a run. I have always preferred NA power to turbos, especially with a manual gearbox. Having a TT Tip has been ok but never really pushed it on a twisty run.

I would be gutted if I had sold that; stunning car :thumbs:

She is going to a good home and we have hardly driven her in the last year or so. Common sense decision really.

Wow, what a stunning car. She's obviously been looked after. :thumbs:

Good luck with your next P&J, Mr H.

Thanks. We have tried our best to look after her. Not having a garage until recently has had it's challenges when maintaining condition.

H.

Sad to see it go. New owner will be very happy with this car as its a stunning example.

The mistake you make was not getting a manual or this would be still in your garage. Im sure like others have said you will be back in a supra one day. Next time make it a TT6 or TRD3000 :D

Sad to see it go. New owner will be very happy with this car as its a stunning example.

The mistake you make was not getting a manual or this would be still in your garage. Im sure like others have said you will be back in a supra one day. Next time make it a TT6 or TRD3000 :D

You are right Mike. Fell in love with the way she looked rather than the driving experience. Unless a TRD 3000 comes up, this will be our last

I can tell you 2 things H. You will never get another minter like that. And you will be back. We all come back. :D

You are probably right Kevin. See above though.

You are right Mike. Fell in love with the way she looked rather than the driving experience. Unless a TRD 3000 comes up, this will be our last

You are probably right Kevin. See above though.

No your wrong, they all come back. Please don't go :D