The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I feel Its Time For Change

a98pmalcolm

Don't get me wrong. I love my Supra. And I'm more than happy to keep it. Especially as I still have plans for it.

But its coming up to 6 years of ownership and I do feel like a change. Currently I have had my eye on the Skyline R34 GT-R's (I would like an R35 but there out my budget). They were my favourite car years ago but after owning a Supra and with the good community I kept the Supra and went off the GT-Rs. But recently I have found a love for them again.

I'm just gunna keep my eye open and be open minded with the idea. I have posted on the GT-R owners club the idea of a swap/part ex.

But I'm no too fussed. I think it will be really hard to see it drive off and even harder if I saw it drive past me one day... I'm sure most of you understand me lol..

Bit of a useless post but thought I'd share my current thought with you all. :)

Let ours go yesterday. Was easier than I thought it would be.

Agreed, when I watched my aero drive off last summer after 7 years of ownership I thought I'd be upset. But I wasn't that upset, I just felt strange. Not sure if I wasn't too bothered as I had another Supra on the way or not, but I've had no regrets.

But for what though? ;)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?319649-Time-for-me-to-come-out

Agreed, when I watched my aero drive off last summer after 7 years of ownership I thought I'd be upset. But I wasn't that upset, I just felt strange. Not sure if I wasn't too bothered as I had another Supra on the way or not, but I've had no regrets.

I felt weird but new it had to be done. I never really got on with the Tiptronic but she has been great on long runs and boy did she get some attention.

it's gone?!

Yep. Even though you know who the new owner is, I agreed not to spill the beans.

H.

I've been thinking about an r35 too. Had the supra 4 years and like you I've still got plans but I'd like to get on the housing market next year so wondering of I should bite the bullet and go for a gtr now before I have to start acting like an adult

I've always wanted a r34gtr since I was at school , they do rust mate make sure you check it over you say the r35 is out of your budget but think you still have to pay £24-30k for a r34 I have seen r35's at 30-33k ?

1. Rust.

2. Expensive parts.

3. Engine problems.

The above especially RUST had crossed them of my list, once was my favourite car! Roll on big spec supra.

1. Rust.

2. Expensive parts.

3. Engine problems.

The above especially RUST had crossed them of my list, once was my favourite car! Roll on big spec supra.

Agreed, it is such a shame though what a car they were half the price I would probably have one and put up with the above but near on r35 money its a no brainer really

Its what, 3 or 4 grand more for a 35 over a 34? I cannot understand the appeal of an R34, especially when a 35 is literally a quantum leap ahead in every department.

Except fun. Not sure if I would rather have an over priced rot box or a car that pretty much removed driver involvement. All for £30+K.

I am not sure if it just me but for £12.5K, I just picked up a car that has me laughing, every time I drive it and it keeps you on your toes with the back end. Proper fun IMO.

Dream garage. Supra r34 then a gtr for the day to day drive. I don't understand people who knock the gtr or r34 tbh. Both great cars! And how often do you see a 30K+ r34 gtr covered in rust? I've only ever associated rust with the 3-4k gtst's and gtt's

Dream garage. Supra r34 then a gtr for the day to day drive. I don't understand people who knock the gtr or r34 tbh. Both great cars! And how often do you see a 30K+ r34 gtr covered in rust? I've only ever associated rust with the 3-4k gtst's and gtt's

Why is there such a swing in prices and also condition? Surely they will all be subject to rust, regardless of the spec. Garage queens will obviously always be better condition than cars that have lived out in the elements.

That's probably because people running 30k r34gtrs are more likely able to afford to have it sorted welded covered than those with 4k gts-t's. I am afraid It's all the skyline range cheap metal compared to the supra .I heard 2009 r35 gtr under tray bolts snap off so will be interesting to see how the new gtr holds up for rust when its 15-20years old .

I used to be into skyline's before the supra saw so many r34's being sorted for rust down at the tuner and that was some years ago, the strut tops and inside the inner rear arches behind the rear seat side panels,around the rear lights on the boot lid and up underneath by the rear spats can be shocking but the outside looks top notch.

That's probably because people running 30k r34gtrs are more likely able to afford to have it sorted welded covered than those with 4k gts-t's. I am afraid It's all the skyline range cheap metal compared to the supra .I heard 2009 r35 gtr under tray bolts snap off so will be interesting to see how the new gtr holds up for rust when its 15-20years old .

I used to be into skyline's before the supra saw so many r34's being sorted for rust down at the tuner and that was some years ago, the strut tops and inside the inner rear arches behind the rear seat side panels,around the rear lights on the boot lid and up underneath by the rear spats can be shocking but the outside looks top notch.

Exactly that, I'm not denying they are known for rust. But something like a garages 34gtr should be in a lot better condition than than the same ages gtst/gtt's

Regardless I would stil like to own an r34 gtr one day. Equally as much as I want a gtr. although lately I'm wanting a gtr more as they are much more modern and usable. Whereas my supra is a garage queen. I spend more

Time polishing it than I do driving it

Exactly that, I'm not denying they are known for rust. But something like a garages 34gtr should be in a lot better condition than than the same ages gtst/gtt's

Regardless I would stil like to own an r34 gtr one day. Equally as much as I want a gtr. although lately I'm wanting a gtr more as they are much more modern and usable. Whereas my supra is a garage queen. I spend more

Time polishing it than I do driving it

Snap :D