The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Power steering leak questions?

supra_24

Hey guys,

Just got the supra back from the garage today after having quite a bit of work done.

The reason it had been there was that we discovered the rear of the cam covers were leaking, which should now be resolved. We installed new seals and the new rubber washers etc.

The other issue was that there was a minor power steering leak. For this, the copper washers were replaced on the steering rack as this seemed to be where it was emitting from.

Had to take the car straight to the body shop today, so didnt have time to have a full look over, but my mate did notice a small bit of liquid on the ground where the car had been driven into the body shop.

It would have been from the right front side of the car (engine area) by the looks of it. Not saying it was anything to do with my Supra, but I believe that was where the power steering leak emitted from before?

Checked under the car after being stationary for a few minutes and then did a few small manouvers and checked again. Still no leaks or liquids etc.

So my question is, could this just be excess liquid from when the steering fluid was topped up or previous liquid that had leaked?

Or is it a case that the copper wahser required some kind of rubber piece which helps keep it tight to stop leakage?

If it is a case I have a small power steering leak, is it still ok to drive around for the time being, as I will be driving up to Paul at Whifbitz in 2 weeks time?