The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Germanwings plane crashed on purpose?

Gaz6002

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-32063587

This seems to indicate the plane was crashed deliberately. :blink:

I was on a Germanwings A320 a few weeks ago and regularly travel with work. It's put the frighteners up a few of my team, that's for sure.

My thoughts are with the families involved, and I sincerely hope this isn't what it looks like.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so many plans have gone down in the last year its rediculous

I saw an article a month or two ago, plane crashes are at an all time low, however the media coverage for plane crashes is much, much higher. Plane crashes are extremely rare, as you probably know your chances of being killed in a road collision is a hundred times greater than on a plane. I think the only plane crashes I heard about before 9/11 was the Concorde one and of course 9/11. But now we're hearing about small passenger aircraft crashing in different continents. A fairly recent one was a plane going missing in North Africa. (Crashed somewhere in the desert if I remember correctly)

If the co pilot has decided to take his life what a despicable way to do it, shocking if this proves to be true

Agreed, at first I thought "Oh maybe the captain stepped out, and the other pilot collapsed/had a heart attack" Then I saw that the cockpit's keypad code had been over ridden which can only be done through the cockpit (according to the news) so clearly something went down. The co-pilot was a pretty new flier with only 600 hours, I doubt it's a terrorist act. Just someone going through extreme issues - think American school shootings.

I saw an article a month or two ago, plane crashes are at an all time low, however the media coverage for plane crashes is much, much higher. Plane crashes are extremely rare, as you probably know your chances of being killed in a road collision is a hundred times greater than on a plane. I think the only plane crashes I heard about before 9/11 was the Concorde one and of course 9/11. But now we're hearing about small passenger aircraft crashing in different continents. A fairly recent one was a plane going missing in North Africa. (Crashed somewhere in the desert if I remember correctly)

The wife and I counted 5 last night

malaysia 370 missing

another malaysia one over ukraine

transasia tiawan flight hitting bridge

air algera ( africa crash )

and this one .

just googled it and there has been loads more i didnt even know about http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_accidents_and_incidents_involving_commercial_aircraft#2014

My mind can understand things like this happening by terrorists based on extremist religious beliefs or whatever, my mind seems to put that together easier, (not that the fact that terrorism is easier to accept because its not).

However when this happens for no obvious reason and no obvious motive I cannot fathom why someone would kill themselves and hundreds of others for what... suicide? if you want to kill yourself do it alone.. why take innocent people out with you?

It makes me sad that there are people out there that plan to do this, what for? fame.... it cant be..

My mind simply cannot process a reason for this, I am just simply baffled and feel desperately for everyone effected by this.

RIP to all the people who died needlessly because of this terrible act.

It is a hard one to comprehend, why this way of killing yourself if that is indeed the reason for this tragedy.

My only suggestion would be that it is (probably) far easier to turn a few dials, punch a few buttons & then let the world come up to meet you than slipping that noose around your own neck or taking that last big step off a cliff. It's kinda like the end result is a product of activities you do on a daily basis so the actual preparation is easier to get through because it isn't too far removed from the norm.

Senseless loss of life anyway and just something else eat at you next time you board a plane.

Senseless loss of life anyway and just something else eat at you next time you board a plane.

Tell me about it I am soon going to be on a 2 long haul and 3 short flights going around Vietnam and Cambodia... I'm not a great flyer anyway.. I'll admit that, I need to shut my eyes and put my head back when taking off and landing (although the acceleration is fun on take off).

This sort of thing does not help.. (not that my feelings matter with regards to this tragedy)