The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hehe, had my first nonesense stop in the Supra

Getrag

Last night, driving home after midnight and a police diesel is behind me for a bit...driving too close :rolleyes:

Anyway, the blue lights come on (oooh match my car) and I pull over gently (sh!tting it...as you do).

They pull up beside me and tell me quickly that its nothing bad, just want to know what kind of car it is :banghead: He was debating with his partner if it was either a Nissan or a Toyota :looney: Then he tells me that he drives a Toyota Celica VVTi. Anyway, we chat Supra for a bit then they drive off.

Anyone else get this??

Back to the time when I was driving my Evo. in Central London, The police sitting at behind of his BMW police car had asked me to race with him from the set of traffic light to the coming roundabout. Ofcourse my answer was NO. I told him that I am a very good citizen and I dont do street racing.

You Guys are lucky,

day i picked mine up i got stopped 5 times in about 2 miles for the drive from the club to my house.

A mate who's brother is a traffic cop, called him after seeing the soop and decided to have every 1 of his mates stop me. When I got home he was there and I clicked what was going on.

Joy's of knowing Traffic Cop's

:innocent:

Back in ‘91 when I had my silver C/Supra 2.8i MkII I was going at a crawl in the fast lane southbound on the M6 just north of Birmingham, yes even then there was bad for congestion. Anyway, we ended up by a cop car and a Capri 2.8. He signalled to wind the window down, so my missus did and turns the radio off. He asked us to slow down with him. 3 or 4 mins later they said they would be pulling over and we were to floor it. By this time there was no cars in sight, the Capri was up for it and we blasted the rest of the traffic behind us away. Oh yeah, I was faster, even with a passenger loaded car.

Later that day I spoke to my then brother-in-law who was a motorway cop and he told me it was to free up the congestion, I have no idea if it work, but boy was that fun.

:banghead:

I thought I was a dead cert for a pull on the A38 yesterday I was sorting out some kind of Jag and at 98 lleps looked in the mirror to see a police car; ducked left and decelerated pretty damn quick; the cops come alongside mouth "nice car and thumbs up -- phew close call!