The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Carpet - Dyed

Kendo11

Just a slight recommendation, details in my project thread but might not get seen in there.

Had my carpet dyed over the weekend (guaranteed for the life of the car with two more touch ups over the coming months) as I could not afford a brand new oem one.

Went for a dark grey as opposed to totally black.

In the pictures it was just finished awaiting a final brush over.

Definitely something I'd recommend doing if you are not willing to shell out the ridiculous money for a new one from Mr T.

Before:

attachment.php?attachmentid=199278&stc=1&d=1427318824

After:

attachment.php?attachmentid=199279&stc=1&d=1427318824

IMAG1320.jpg

IMAG1336.jpg

anyone got any advice on a Dye? Im looking to dye mine black but don't know the best dye to use and the quantity.

I can ask the guy who did mine, he's a professional valeter and does the dyeing as kind of a sideline.

He did say there were various types you can use, I think his was called advanced or ultimate something or other but I'll certainly ask.

Only cost me £42 when compared with the price of replacing the carpet is an incredible saving really.

Well i have been trying to research into this over the past week and everyone tends to get there Dye from eBay. My worry is not every Dye is the same in terms of application methods. I've even read one from the American forum where the guy uses a Bin and Ritz Dye for a week.

kendoskeg11 would you be able to do that? Possibly ask him how he went about dying it as well?

If you are going to use ritz dye remember to soak in boiling or hot water as the colour reacts to the carpet better. This has been my experience. Also consider dupli colour vinyl and fabric spray. I have it in my car and it's great. Having said that, my car is only driven on weekends and has very low foot traffic. On a daily car it would be no good.