The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi every one looking for help/advice think bottom end has gone on my tt supra

robtup

hi every one

owned a 95 tt manual supra for nearly ten years all ways run sweet up intill about six months ago engine started to rattle just befor 3000 revs so I stopped using it every one I have spoke to are saying bottom end. started to look at getting full engine rebuild and its pretty scary how much it could cost just wanted to hear from people that have had similar problem how they solved it and if people had any problems regrets after having a rebuild

tanks rob

did consider another engine but figured it would be just my luck that would go wrong on me do like the idea of having a rebuilt fresh engine I have spoke to whiff bitz a few times they seem helpful but to put it bluntly I shit me self wen I see wot it could cost. I brought upper and lower arms front and back plus suspension and a set of wheels last year so fill like there is no turning back now don't like seeing it sitting in my yard doing nothing

did consider another engine but figured it would be just my luck that would go wrong on me do like the idea of having a rebuilt fresh engine I have spoke to whiff bitz a few times they seem helpful but to put it bluntly I shit me self wen I see wot it could cost. I brought upper and lower arms front and back plus suspension and a set of wheels last year so fill like there is no turning back now don't like seeing it sitting in my yard doing nothing

If you can pick up a few spanners, it's only nuts and bolts! Save yourself a fair whack on labour costs alone

i do body work on cars for a living but i know nothing about engines clueless would love to do it myself but if i could

Plenty of help and workshop manuals here bud, join up! This forum is a fantastic supra resource. I'm clueless about engines and mechanics in general but the forum gives me a bit more confidence at giving stuff a go (granted, maybe not engine building... yet!!)

Same as doing body work i'd imagine mate, just take it slow :)

Yea that's some thing else I need to invest in is better brakes got the bigger uk calipers on mine but get plenty of brake fade with them on the road so don't think they would last one lap on track

UK brakes with uprated pads should be fine for a track day every once in a while, i'd get your brakes looked at.

Yea that's some thing else I need to invest in is better brakes got the bigger uk calipers on mine but get plenty of brake fade with them on the road so don't think they would last one lap on track

I have got uk brakes on mine also and probably got fade after about 5 hard flat out laps , alot does depend on pads chris wilson fast road pads are great ! if you havent tried them i would do , it transforms the hole car trust me