The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheel Refurbishment

Westy

Alright folks. I'm thinking of putting my BBS RGR wheels on the black Suora for the DB15 trip.

I've looked into finishes I could have done but I'm so undecided on colour.

I've spoken to Ibrar and to The Polisher up here in Glasgow.

Opinions are welcome but my main question is how much it should cost to have a set of wheels ceramic polished?

My lack of inspiration/tacky look of some colours has got me considering a fully polished wheel.

Thanks for the replies folks. Majority seem to prefer a refresh with silver centres and polished lips (£85 per wheel).

My initial thought was to have them done in single colour bronze but Ibrar is on holiday now and I need to wait to see the sample colour.

Set on ebay westy with polished lip and black centres they look very nice, http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=221271540707

But personally im same as above just a refresh imo

Yeh I'm not a fan of that finish either tbh.

I hate that there is cheap wheel copies of them!!!

:drool: probably my joint favourite wheel of all (with the LM)

They are perfect as they are. The only other finish I would consider would be gold, with red centre caps and red BBS logos on the rims, as per the F1 edition of the BBS LM.

Yeh I have considered all gold. I thought at first you meant gold centres and polished lips but I'm with you now.

£140 for a genuine set of red centre caps though! Ouch! But I may just go this route as a single colour refurb is only £45 so the difference would pay for the red centre caps.:confused:

• 4 months later...

Fully polished wheels need to be clean, all the time. And when they pit or get scuffed they look pants. I'd stick with paint and I did a set of BBS alloys on my white Supra in BMW shadow chrome. They look tasteful.

Having hammered the polished option I do have to confess I've just bought a chrome wire wheel set for one of my classic cars and they look bling. Its a car that never goes out in the wet though so it'll be easier to keep them clean.