The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New member from north west

Jakeo

Hi guys, just joined and potentially looking to get a supra

Anyone on here from northwest? Merseyside?

I currently drive a 2005 civic type r and debating a move to a supra which I've always loved as I now only do around 50 miles a week

What would be a good price for TT aero top?

Il be in an around asking a lot of questions so thanks for any help

Hi and welcome. The NW section is the place to look for meets and things going on in this area. Monthly meet was last week but sure there will be a few coming in the next few weeks as members in the area have got new cars and F&F we will prob do something. Look out for Robs new car meet at the trafford centre :)

TT aeros are expensive because they are rare, especially for a good one. If you have not been in an aero I would advise you do so with the top off before you commit to buy and see if the rear end wobble is something you can put up with.

Ok, do they have a contact on here?

Ideally I'd like a ride out in one and to have a look around one before commiting to buy

Im sure someone will be happy to take you out in one. Members are very friendly so just get yourself along to a meet. JM Imports are in the traders section

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to bring this thread back up but had a few more newbie questions and didn't know where would be best.

How do the higher mileage supras take the miles? I know an engine can be rebuilt so in regards to chassis and rust etc?

And does anyone drive a supra as their daily driver?

Thanks

:) Hi And welcome as for high mileage engines if they have been looked after they take high mileages very well and rust isn't a real problem unless its been neglected, when looking for one make sure the cars been under sealed when imported ( as there are more imports than UK models nowadays ) but if you find a well looked after ( a members car maybe ) again all depending on your budget etc etc and yes there are plenty of Daily drivers in the club I used to be one until a few years ago, I got a small run around mainly to save petrol costs and the winter

Hope to see you on one of our meets we can answer your questions if unsure about anything

Cheers

-Ian-

That's good to know, I could probably stretch it to 10k for the right car, aerotop tt for example, as that's the spec I would prefer, but I know these are extremely rare.

I've seen a nice tt for just under 9k but I have no idea wether this is a good price really as I have seen a lot of variations in price.

Yeah I'm hoping to attend the next one, thanks for your help.

Jake

That's good to know, I could probably stretch it to 10k for the right car, aerotop tt for example, as that's the spec I would prefer, but I know these are extremely rare.

I've seen a nice tt for just under 9k but I have no idea wether this is a good price really as I have seen a lot of variations in price.

Yeah I'm hoping to attend the next one, thanks for your help.

Jake

Are you after Auto or Manual?

One thing to remeber is that Aerotops came as auto only, so if you want a 6 spd manual, it may be over your budget as it's a costly conversion(around £4k iirc).

Welcome. The next meeting is on the 26th may at the riverside inn weaverham. There will be a good variety of supras. Imports and uk models. Manuals and autos. As for high mileage cars. Toyota over engineered the tt engine making it very strong. They must have been confident in its life as the service book goes up to over 200k for service stamps. See you at the next meet. Ray