The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Question for S/E supra drivers....

uksupra

How many of you guys (and girls) are TT????

and what are the top speeds you have reached????

i just want to know so i will get a better idea of what im up against when i next see a supra locally!!!!

from looking through the site it seems a lot of you are N/A....

a friend of mine is looking to get a supra and asked if i thought buying an N/A supra was worth it... as i have not driven an N/A i cant answer... what aer your thoughts... are they much slower than a TT?

Depends on what type of driving he will be doing as the N/A would be better for running around and stuff. You don’t have to worry about the turbo’s going pop or anything. N/A’s only need servicing every 9k or 1 year, cheaper to get hold of cheaper to run in many respects of serviceing don’t have to worry when you reach that 100k mark or over when your turbos are going to go ect.

Like Faye said depends on what he wants to do with the car ect.

TT should be good for 175 mph (often a bit more)...though bare in mind speed would need to be measured by a GPS device for accuracy as the speedos are normally about 10% out..so often you are going slower than ya think.

The NA is def worth buying I'd say...obviously not as fast, but cheaper insurence, no turbos to blow, similiar poke bottom end...off the lights...and you get the looks too.

I've only ever owned TT's and I have often assumed that some of my mates had TT's when they are NA's

Round town its hard to tell the difference in performance...the second turbo blows everything away..so often only able to tell on the motorway.

My friend Clairs got an NA and Paul (Slow Dogg) has really got that car going real fast that you would never know that it didn't have Hairdryers on it!

Cobblers, the insurance is more!!!!

Really !!!!!!!

Yours will be more expensive than Keiths prob because yours is a J-Spec and Keiths is a UK spec...but if you compare a J-spec TT and a J-Spec NA then yeah the 'NA' Insurance should be cheaper surely!

Ive had both UK and J-Spec and the Jap import was harder to find insurance for...and always more expensive....though things have improved on the Insurance market so not totally sure about this now...any one else put some light on this area...

Si

Really !!!!!!!

any one else put some light on this area...

Si

Yes it is generally know that the N/A's can be more expensive to insure then the TT even the imports.

I will a mitt that I though the N/A’s where cheaper to insure to start with, but that was Lee saying so, so I didn’t go for a TT:(

Really !!!!!!!

Yours will be more expensive than Keiths prob because yours is a J-Spec and Keiths is a UK spec...but if you compare a J-spec TT and a J-Spec NA then yeah the 'NA' Insurance should be cheaper surely!

Si

Nope, I can get Jap TT insurance for £300 less than my NA.

Yes it is generally know that the N/A's can be more expensive to insure then the TT even the imports.

I will a mitt that I though the N/A’s where cheaper to insure to start with, but that was Lee saying so, so I didn’t go for a TT:(

Shocking....Insurance is a funny thing isn't it....well there ya go may as well buy a TT then...i know there was a huge difference btween UK and Jap TT's there was when I first tried to buy a Jap import and ended up buying a UK in the 90's coz couldn't even get a qoute on a J-spec, they didn't want to know...

Then when i bought my first J-spec It was much more expensive than the UK (again a lot of companies didn't want to know)

Now that the Insurance industry is more familier with Jap Imports things have changed and more companies will insure Imports...but really shocked that an NA is more expensive than a TT, i was always told otherwise.

FACT is stranger than FICTION he he

:eek:

I think if anyone is going to get an N/A they should at least get a facelift and there are usually a few about although normally in white, I'd imagine that you can have more fun on b roads in an N/A as you don't have to worry too much about the 2nd turbo coming on, tbh I don't worry too much anyway as Im still stock and once your bpu the 2nd turbo coming on will make a hell of a difference on a bend!

I might even change to an n/a later in the year or early next year as I feel I don't really need more power than I've got at the moment and I think I'd like to focus more on the look of the car more than anything else and you need some serious money if you do both styling and performance on a TT! as once you start turning up the boost it never seems to stop with most people!

ok... so N/A's are still a threat!!!!

i have my second cat removed and a powerflow exhaust fitted, also running an apexi filter and hks BOV... hck fuel cut defender and a bleeder t mod...

i find it hard to put any real power down on the road in these current conditions and find that any races i have usually end up with me either starting from behind due to wheel spin or i end up snaking up the road until traction control kicks in and kills the race!!!!!

the N/A does sound like a more practical car for our UK roads!!!!

have any of the TT drivers here tried the ETTC modification??? i have done it... just a switch on the dash allows me to switch between parralell turbos or sequential....