The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra-BMW Z4

gaijin

Appears to true New Supra and BMW Z4 will share the same platform Shorter version will be the Z4 ,longer version the Supra name now confirmed Could both be built in the same factory;possibly in Europe or the USA Both maybe four wheel drive and petrol-electric uu

Got a link?

The whole BMW/Toyota joint venture is old news, and there was always speculation and rumours that the car that was produced would be named as a Supra, but that (afaik) has not been confirmed by either manufacturer.

The most likely course would be if the new Z4 was part of the joint venture, then Toyotas would more than likely be a resurection of the MR2, using the same platform, as both will be two seater sports cars, looking to compete with the likes of the S2000 and MX5.

Much like the Toyota/Subaru collaboration for the GT86.

- - - Updated - - -

Can someone move this to Supra chat Shoulc have been there Hit the insurance bit by mistake

Oh, and done btw :)

It's not online It's in the magazine pages 18-19 from the article it looks like it will not be built in Japan nor will it be under the Lexus badge I know what you mean :four wheel drive,electric motors:and it could be built in a BMW factory Nothing has been decided yet

Really? Any link to this?

No, it's just my opinion. Given the overwhelming reception it got, I would have expected a decision to put it into production to come quickly.

Similar situation to the utterly stunning Jaguar XK180 of a few years back.

It actually makes you realise what a special fire breathing thing the mark IV is. The new generation will have a gap in supra DNA so large that I'm not even getting worked up about it letting the name down.

The Mk IV was the best toyota could do. The lfa was the same of modern times.

Toyota have their own wind tunnel and one of only 2 carbon fibre weaving machines in the world, so to learn that they aren't building it where their best resources are should tell you what you need to know about the new "flagship".