The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fitted leds to replace stock bulbs - Never mind

a98pmalcolm

Hey gang.

After my recent mod of clear rear lens's I needed chrome amber bulbs

But as my fog light isnt really red I may as well change that and use leds as well as the ambers. And while im at it make my reverse white led to.

I have delt with an ebay company outside of ebay and they did all 4 7440 fit leds for £14 delivered and the outcome was great.

Just my number plate lights to sort lol

EDIT: THESE AMBER LEDS MAKE THE INDICATOR FLASH VERY FAST. I'M GOING TO HAVE TO SEND THEM BACK :(

Edited by a98pmalcolm (see edit history)

Yeah I had one of those horrible bumper mounted jobs thats wired to the ignition. I took the bulb socket from one of my original orange blob indicators and crimped it onto the wires then screwed it into reverse light.

That's why you had no issues with it. It's not in the rear light wiring circuit, you just created your own. The error light at the front is for the rear brake lights only. That's why the fog light mod sometimes causes errors with it :)

Hey gang.

After my recent mod of clear rear lens's I needed chrome amber bulbs

But as my fog light isnt really red I may as well change that and use leds as well as the ambers. And while im at it make my reverse white led to.

I have delt with an ebay company outside of ebay and they did all 4 7440 fit leds for £14 delivered and the outcome was great.

Just my number plate lights to sort lol

EDIT: THESE AMBER LEDS MAKE THE INDICATOR FLASH VERY FAST. I'M GOING TO HAVE TO SEND THEM BACK :(

http://i.imgur.com/s003fAr.jpg

Because LEDs draw less power your rear lamp failure box thinks a bulb is out making them flash faster, get the canbus ones as they never play up...if you can get them in that size. Or bypass the lamp failure box (easy peasy)

the lamp failure box has nothing to do with the indicators, the "can bus" bulbs are for car equipped with a er.. can bus - so doesn't flag any faults. but will work in non can bus cars. easy solution is to put a load resistor in parallel with the led bulb. a 10 Ohm, 50w resistor will do the trick. That's what all the lights i make (front and backs) have a built in load resistor to stop this happening

the lamp failure box has nothing to do with the indicators, the "can bus" bulbs are for car equipped with a er.. can bus - so doesn't flag any faults. but will work in non can bus cars. easy solution is to put a load resistor in parallel with the led bulb. a 10 Ohm, 50w resistor will do the trick. That's what all the lights i make (front and backs) have a built in load resistor to stop this happening

My bad, that box is for the lamp failure light:D