The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi! Saving to buy the dream!

Guest WilkieGT

Guest WilkieGT

Hi all!

As above I am now saving funds to buy a Supra! I have had the bug ever since my dad bought one back in 95 and still crave to have one of my own. So I thought I'd pop on here to get to know the forum and its members.

This was his 1995 UK Spec TT auto which he owned for about 15 years until he moved abroad. This is the car that triggered my Japanese obsession.

Currently I own a 1995 MR2 Turbo and to be honest, love it.

The dream however is to own a TT6 in dark green pearl...can anybody tell me more about this colour as I have never seen one for sale here in that colour...

Edited by WilkieGT (see edit history)

Hi, and welcome! Lovely MR2, digging the Equips. :)

As for the color, it's called Deep Jewel Green (I think?) and it wasn't available on the UK Supra's. So if you want one, it has to be a Japanese import. I'm pretty sure Jurgen @ JM Imports can source you one, even though it's a very rare color!

Hello and welcome!

I'm an ex MR2 owner also (rev 3 tubby t-bar) who upgraded to the Supra world lol

Loads of great info and people on here, and there's always a few meets and events you could pop along to.

Where abouts in Scotland are you as we are just reviving the Glasgow monthly meet now that the weather is getting better!

Guest WilkieGT
Hi, and welcome! Lovely MR2, digging the Equips. :)

As for the color, it's called Deep Jewel Green (I think?) and it wasn't available on the UK Supra's. So if you want one, it has to be a Japanese import. I'm pretty sure Jurgen @ JM Imports can source you one, even though it's a very rare color!

Cheers man! Yeah I hunted for about 8 months for a set of Equips, not got round to putting the center caps on though.

Ahh ok brilliant thanks. To be fair The idea of having a car freshly imported from Jap land has always appealed to me so I would be quite happy to import one!

Guest WilkieGT
Hello and welcome!

I'm an ex MR2 owner also (rev 3 tubby t-bar) who upgraded to the Supra world lol

Loads of great info and people on here, and there's always a few meets and events you could pop along to.

Where abouts in Scotland are you as we are just reviving the Glasgow monthly meet now that the weather is getting better!

They are fun cars but not much compares to a 2JZ soundtrack!

Awesome I live just outside Stirling so I would definitely be up for popping along at some point, at what point in the month is the monthly meet usually held?

Guest WilkieGT
Hi and welcome :) I too own an MR2 but only a roadster one that I picked up cheap (had a few little problems at the time but was great value) for work and back to keep the supra nice and tidy :)

I am now getting to the stage where I want a second car to keep this one tidy as it is my daily at the moment. I've never had a go in a roadster though heard they are good fun.

I am now getting to the stage where I want a second car to keep this one tidy as it is my daily at the moment. I've never had a go in a roadster though heard they are good fun.

They are ok yeah but they wouldn't be as fun as your turbo'd one, im definitely missing a turbo off it lol, it is very economical though being so small and light so does me nicely :)

Guest WilkieGT
They are ok yeah but they wouldn't be as fun as your turbo'd one, im definitely missing a turbo off it lol, it is very economical though being so small and light so does me nicely :)

I know what you mean, I used to own a Starlet GT Turbo (my first turbo'd car) a few years back and since then I'm not sure if I could live without a turbo lol

Guest WilkieGT
:welcome: lovely car, I was after an MR2 for years before finally going for a Supra, good luck with the saving and your search, your in the right place!

Thank you! Yeah not sure what will take longer the saving or hunting out a mint one in the colour I'm after!

They are fun cars but not much compares to a 2JZ soundtrack!

Awesome I live just outside Stirling so I would definitely be up for popping along at some point, at what point in the month is the monthly meet usually held?

It varies month to month depending on people's commitments etc, but there's always a thread running in the events section with updates etc! Would be good to see the Mr2 and if you've never been out in a Supe (don't know if you have or not) then there's the chance of a blast out in one of many).

MR2 Envy. I'd love another one. miss my V6 one.

Was yours a Woodsport conversion?

Guest WilkieGT
It varies month to month depending on people's commitments etc, but there's always a thread running in the events section with updates etc! Would be good to see the Mr2 and if you've never been out in a Supe (don't know if you have or not) then there's the chance of a blast out in one of many).

Ok awesome I will keep a look out.

Yeah man I have but not in years, would be good to bring back old memories!

Guest WilkieGT
Hi and welcome to the club. Got anymore pictures of the supra ? Do you know what reg it was sold with ? We have a register that keeps track of the few that are left :)

Thank you, I will have a rake around the house I'm sure I have a few...I'll text my dad and see if he has any in his photo collection also. No clue what reg it was sold with unfortunately all I know is that it went to H & J Burgoyne in Airth. I would love to track it down in fact...

Guest WilkieGT
Welcome to the forum. I wonder where your dads supra is now, Tyson should be able to find it with a bit more info though :)

Hope you find your dream car, keep chasing it, you won't regret it!

Thanks, I know it was in the family for around 15 years and when my dad left the country it was sold. All before I became old enough to personally take it a run, gutting.

It was an auto but I doubt it would have bothered me too much but I personally love manuals and is why thats what I would go for myself!

In the members only section there's a thread Tyson started listing all of the colours, transmission, mileage and date of registration for UK Supras.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?242550-UK-Spec-Supra-Register

Knowing that it's a 95, manual and the colour is a good start. Knowing the exact date of registration should really help to track it down if already listed.

Guest WilkieGT
In the members only section there's a thread Tyson started listing all of the colours, transmission, mileage and date of registration for UK Supras.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?242550-UK-Spec-Supra-Register

Knowing that it's a 95, manual and the colour is a good start. Knowing the exact date of registration should really help to track it down if already listed.

All I know really is it was a 1995 UK Spec TT Automatic. The story behind it was a coolant hose perished and burst causing it to overheat on the motorway, engine seized and was literally given away to a family friend who owned H & J Burgoyne which is a used car dealership. The car had 180,000+ miles on it as it was my dads daily for 15 years. It was silver with a black interior, exterior wise was completely stock but im sure it had aftermarket turbo's and a custom built exhaust but didnt look fancy.

Whether it was rebuilt and sold or kept or scrapped I have no idea.

I have emailed the car dealership tonight for any info on the car and to have the message passed on to the owner as it was him whom my grandad gave/sold the car to.

I used to have a Rev3 Turbo as well and I loved it. I changed it for a Monaro VXR and after a while I just missed the MR2, so I changed it for the Supra I have always wanted a few months ago already its my favourite car by miles!

I hope you find your dream Supra, its like the MR2 just better it every way ;)

Here is my past and present...

Guest WilkieGT
I used to have a Rev3 Turbo as well and I loved it. I changed it for a Monaro VXR and after a while I just missed the MR2, so I changed it for the Supra I have always wanted a few months ago already its my favourite car by miles!

I hope you find your dream Supra, its like the MR2 just better it every way ;)

Here is my past and present...

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m289/v6_cougar_london/MR2%20Turbo/IMG_1428-1.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m289/v6_cougar_london/Monaro%20VXR/photo3_zpsae249a29.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m289/v6_cougar_london/IMG_4491_zpscqhywcfp.jpg

All good looking cars man! Jealous of the Supra big time, lovely colour too. What is the going rate on a well kept, fairly standard TT6 these days? 15k...or is that steep?