The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello from far - far away..

Guest Micss

Guest Micss

Hello guys.. My name is Marlon and i'm from a far.. Let's just say south east of the world..

I recenly own a Toyota with 2JZ-GE motor.. I was planning to turbocharge it, but i don't have any experience or any knowledge for Engine Management Systems like ECU.. I know if i'm going to turbocharge it, i have to modify the EMS to suit the positive pressure & mass air pushed into the engine, and the stock EMS can't understand or process them..

My 2JZ-GE comes from 1996 Toyota Crown SuperSaloon(JZS133) With W58(i think, i don't know.. I'll post the photos later..) Manual 5 speed Transmission.. It has the IAT instead of MAF, so it's easy to modify because there is no MAF.. I have built all the piping, turbo manifold, and downpipe (From local Professional Custom Exhaust Maker) and bought the Turbo(I think GT28 or GT30 Garrett), Intercooler(FMIC), Greddy RS BOV, TurboSmart WG38, AM Boost Gauge, and some other things.. So, i can install the turbo upgrade right away..

So my really questions are :

1. Can i use the stock ECU for the turbo upgrade..?? I'm using the car for daily driving.. I'm not using it for racing purposes, but i have drifting in mind..

2. If i can't use the stock ECU, i have some friends that can professionaly reMAP the stock ECU.. Is it enough for the turbo upgrade..??

3. And this is my last options, if any of my thought can't be used to make a reliably 2JZ-GE-T, then what should i do to the EMS..?? (For this, i have a really minimum amount of money to spent..)

Thank you for reading all of my nonsense, i hope you guys are able to help satisfy my.. Hehee.. Please comment and thanks again.. :)

I'm sorry i don't know how to input photos in here, but please visit My 2JZ-GE Photos

What i have spent on this car:

$4000 for the car that comes with the engine ( if i'm doing a swap or anything, the engine in here cost $2000 more or less, complete engine)

$150 for the turbo (From junkyard, not really a junkyard, more like a turbo shop)

$400 for the piping, manifold, downpipe.. All Stainless Steel..

$60 for the intercooler (From importers)

$250 for the Turbosmart Wastegate 38mm

$45 for the fake BOV.. (I know, i shouldn't be using it)

Edited by Micss
Adding Photos link (see edit history)

Guest Micss

I'm really sorry if this is not the right forum to talk about this, but i really need help.. Just to let you guys know, in here, Toyota Supra worth like $40.000 to $50.000.. And i don't know where to ask about 2JZ.. So, i really apologize if i made mistake, please help whenever you can, i just need knowledge from you people that have experience on 2JZ motor..

Thanks again.. I'm sorry for everything..

You'll need an aftermarket ecu, even a piggyback such as the emanage blue or emanage ultimate will do. I think you can buy a second hand emanage blue for circa £150 on eBay.

You'll also need an aftermarket clutch, which you can also buy online.

You'll need a bigger fuel pump too such as a walbro 255 and bigger injectors depending on what you have now.

your best option would be to find a mapper where you live and discuss what piggy back ecu they'd recommended and go from there.

Guest Micss
You'll need an aftermarket ecu, even a piggyback such as the emanage blue or emanage ultimate will do. I think you can buy a second hand emanage blue for circa £150 on eBay.

You'll also need an aftermarket clutch, which you can also buy online.

You'll need a bigger fuel pump too such as a walbro 255 and bigger injectors depending on what you have now.

your best option would be to find a mapper where you live and discuss what piggy back ecu they'd recommended and go from there.

I've been waiting for someone to help me.. Thanks for your info..

I've saved an aftermarket clutch kit, it's only matter of time for me to swap it..

I got the standart 330cc.. I think i'll find bigger fuel pump..

So i can't use the stock ecu is it..?? even if i remapped it..?? Hmm..

You can't remap the ECU easily at all. It's highly complex and nearly impossible unless you're an electronics genius. Even then, I doubt it'll work correctly.

It's far easier (and cheaper, if you count time worked on the car) to fit a piggyback fuel controller or totally new ECU.

For the best reliability you need a Syvecs ECU, but they're not cheap.

Basically, you can do this on the cheap or you can do it properly and it'll be reliable. You won't be able to do both.

Guest Micss
You can't remap the ECU easily at all. It's highly complex and nearly impossible unless you're an electronics genius. Even then, I doubt it'll work correctly.

It's far easier (and cheaper, if you count time worked on the car) to fit a piggyback fuel controller or totally new ECU.

For the best reliability you need a Syvecs ECU, but they're not cheap.

Basically, you can do this on the cheap or you can do it properly and it'll be reliable. You won't be able to do both.

I got a few friends that were using a remapped ECU on their cars.. And the ECU remapper are giving insurance in case if something went wrong.. But i never talked to them about remapping for turbo..

So a piggy back is the easiest way.. Totally new ECU will cost so much.. Because something like Haltech priced @1430 Euro or 1520 US Dollar..

Syvecs ECU..?? I never heard of it before.. But i'll search for it right away..

Yes, i know.. I hope i can make it reliable without costing me too much.. :)

Thank you so much for the info.. Will updating photos soon enough..

Toyota, Honda, Suzuki, Subaru..

And yes, one of em is supra sz.. But not NA-T..

I'm VERY interested to learn how they've "remapped" a Supra. It's generally accepted on here it's not possible.

What were the changes made? I can't imagine it was for more power on an NA.

Guest Micss
I'm VERY interested to learn how they've "remapped" a Supra. It's generally accepted on here it's not possible.

What were the changes made? I can't imagine it was for more power on an NA.

That's the problem.. Some people say remapping isn't possible, but i don't really know, maybe the owner lies to me..??

I don't have the photos, i never saw his supra's ECU, all i see is his supra's engine bay.. And what catches my eyes is the upgraded fuel injectors..

I'll dig up some info's on it later.. It doesn't really matter if it isn't helping me making NA-T right..??

So, i've done some research on the web, it is reliable to use E-Manage..?? Or Haltech..??

Edited by Micss (see edit history)