The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The one that got away

Graham1984

I just saw some pictures of Blackie's old car which a few years ago I was wanting to, but unable to buy. Anyone else got any cars that they wish they had brought, but missed out on and feel they were the one that got away?

I liked pretty much everything about this car: colour,kit,price.

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=18123&d=1283617071

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=18124&d=1283617174

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Few for me

Roll back about 4 years a white NA6 came up forsale in Reading way, now only a brief trip up the motorway from my house. At the time I was still on the IOW and hesitated in coming over and it sold.

Another one that got away for a white TT6 I was in talks with jurgen about, and was about to put a deposit on and Geo bought it and it turned out to have lots of problems, so that was a blessing in disguise.

Few for me

Roll back about 4 years a white NA6 came up forsale in Reading way, now only a brief trip up the motorway from my house. At the time I was still on the IOW and hesitated in coming over and it sold.

Another one that got away for a white TT6 I was in talks with jurgen about, and was about to put a deposit on and Geo bought it and it turned out to have lots of problems, so that was a blessing in disguise.

Amazing isn't it how it just rolls down to luck at times.

and for a moment I thought you were talking about Ed again

Well technically you need to escape to be classed as "gotten away"......... also technically you need to want to escape rather than staring at me in your pants molesting yourself across the room.... oh crap he's got a knif............

Jamies old black duck for me. I just wasn't in a position to buy at the time. Had it been up for sale now I would most definitely have been going down to shake hands on a deal.

But everything does happen for a reason, hopefully a nice stock, well built black single will come up for sale soon.

I almost bought Blackies car, literally agreed a price and had the cash in my hand ready to give him when a little voice in my head planted seeds of doubt and I walked away. Then months later looking through sold show pics I found one or tow of the same car.

Well technically you need to escape to be classed as "gotten away"......... also technically you need to want to escape rather than staring at me in your pants molesting yourself across the room.... oh crap he's got a knif............

LOL you do crack me up :D I think you have scared Ed off the forum he's probably even had to change his name , ps just noticed Forum bellend did a mod do that ?

LOL you do crack me up :D I think you have scared Ed off the forum he's probably even had to change his name , ps just noticed Forum bellend did a mod do that ?

Forum bellend was all me...... however I'm trying to keep an eye on what orange squad are up to.

I've never seen Branners on here so much either.... if he's not careful he will give himself backache over-stretching for the esc key due to being out of practice :D

That blue TRD3000GT that Jurgen brought over.

Then later, I wanted to buy my single back twice, and on both occasions events conspired against me.

Still surprised you didnt buy your old single back, that was another one that tempted me at the time even though it wasn't the colour I was after. However I wouldn't have been able to raise the money at the time. Was a very nice spec.

Forum bellend was all me...... however I'm trying to keep an eye on what orange squad are up to.

I've never seen Branners on here so much either.... if he's not careful he will give himself backache over-stretching for the esc key due to being out of practice :D

You clearly don't care about your post count :D

Still surprised you didnt buy your old single back, that was another one that tempted me at the time even though it wasn't the colour I was after. However I wouldn't have been able to raise the money at the time. Was a very nice spec.

I keep an eye on the German car sales sites regularly, I may yet get another chance.

TBH I'm really enjoying building my current on though, it's nice to start with a clean blank canvas :)

Can't say I ever had one getaway, I saw the TT6 Deep Jewel Green Supra on Jurgen's JM Import page on Facebook. I knew I wanted it and someone else would snap it up before me if I wasn't careful.

So I made contact with Jurgen and put a deposit down on it the very next day :D :)

I keep an eye on the German car sales sites regularly, I may yet get another chance.

TBH I'm really enjoying building my current on though, it's nice to start with a clean blank canvas :)

I agree there's a lot of fun going into building a car to your own spec however it costs a lot more. I'm hoping that I'll be in a position to build one in a few years, though for the time being I'm keeping an eye out for a nice black single.

Few for me

Was that the one I bought?! I am so glad I didn't let it go! It will be back up for sale though very soon... a little different from last time I bought it :)

I am waiting for H and the TRD that got away :D