The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Driving to Switzerland and back - Headlight position?

Mike2JZ

Hiya,

Just about to take the supra out for a quick trip to switzerland and back and going through a checklist of things to make sure I'm "legal" to drive there.

Whilst driving through france apparently you need to use headlight beam deflectors, or adjust the headlight beam manually.

I'd rather not put a silly reflective sticker over the headlight, does anyone know what I need to do to the headlight to adjust it to whatever the french require?

My dad makes a fair few trips to France and he just sets the headlight beam to the lowest setting and hasn't had any issues (electronic headlight adjuster switch). Not sure if your Supra has lecky headlight level adjustment but you could just take it to a garage and get them to lower it for you.

This RAC guide covers everything ;

http://www.rac.co.uk/driving-abroad/france

Yeah I've been following that guide published by the RAC, but it doesn't really give any detail as to what position the beam should be set to.

Ideally I'd like to be able to adjust the beam myself whilst im on the eurotunnel, don't think I'll bother if it means having to take it down to a garage. Don't think my supra has headbeam adjustment settings, it's either on or off as far as I'm aware.

What do most of the people going to dragonball do?

Just buy headlight conversion stickers from ebay and job done. Last september I took my car for eurotrip UK - Croatia 4k miles in two weeks. police stopped me in Germany and Slovakia and they check if I have those stickers on headlights. Policeman in Germany told me that he can give me fine for not having them.

Nothing, we only drive in the daytime anyhow.

Fair point, think most of my driving will be during the day as well so might get away with it. Might as well order those stickers in case, seeing as they are pretty cheap. thanks for the input guys