The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Yes single coming this year!

Supra-love

So I've been registered here for many years and spent many hours surfing through projects and supras in general getting a good idea of what a perfect supra would be for me. Friend of mine had a n/a and still has but don't think he's a member here? Matthew Connelly!

Anyway I posted a few weeks back that I'm on the look out and within a week I was contacted by someone on the forum here that seems a great guy. I have had all the history on the car and pictures galore sent to me. I'm well chuffed with it, over what I could originally afford but we've made a agreement, at the moment I am keeping it a secret until I have her which is looking to be December this year!

I am giving my deposit to the member which is in no rush to sell, in May, of £1000- which is securing the car for me in a garage lock up, he is then further dynoing the car and getting another compression test done. Although he has all receipts for ££££s of work and health checks already. For my own piece of mind I've asked for it to be done again after my deposit is paid just for piece of mind.

so by the new year I will have the car and will be showing it off regularly at meets and such too.

Cannot wait to meet and great you all.

Yeap I do indeed, more likely to go pick up December time this year but may end up being jan time next.

It's agreed that I pay deposit, and have time to sell my current car which won't be long hopefully and save the remaining!

I'm not sure much will change, he won't be driving it personally once the deposit is received it will just be cared for and kept running healthy until then.

I would love to say what car it is but it'll spoil it buddy.

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm going to finally flying over to view the car next month, with deposit in hand. Cannot bloody wait I tell you all..

As each day comes I just cannot wait to collect her near to the end of this year. Just seems so far away!

Well worth it though if all goes ok with the viewing and testing. Dyno being done next month so can update with results then. With a map for normal daily driving and a 2nd maximum map all with in reliabilty of course. With the current build that's done we would be looking at 650hp roughly. The rods and Pistons are stock so have to watch this and can't pushing much more on those.

Yea newly built and not mapped or dynoed yet but I'm hoping and pushing for it to be done before any deals or cash swaps hands as that is the main and best thing to do. Which I'm sure will all go ahead fine!

Thanks for wishing me luck I really hope all goes very well to without any hiccups.

It is a long wait but I'm orepared for that. Hope it all works out too! :)