The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New toy, gone old school R32 GTR :)

rob wild

Well after starting with a supra, T04z R34 GTR and then a Stage 4 R35, RS6 V10 and Revo stage 2 S5 Cab, I thought it was time for an old school R32 :) Always had a bit of urge for one! Planning a couple track days with Mr Ward and his newly built Supra, should be fun :)

Happy with the Spec but will probably go single with the turbo and have a remap at some point.

Anyway what do you think?

1994 Nissan Skyline R32 GTR

79,000km with no repair history.

Original Nissan book/certificate present stamped from Factory

Japanese Service history

Engine

Complete engine overhaul 15,000km ago in 2010

Trust sump Extension

Trust front diff cover

Steel internal turbos (running 1.2bar)

Heat wrapped turbo elbows

After market oil pump (make tbc)

HKS step one 264 camshafts

HKS adjustable cam pulleys

HKS 1.2mm head gasket

HKSi inlet and exhaust gasket kit

Apexi air filters

Z32 air flow meters

HKS/Greddy intercooler piping kit

Trust front pipe

Samco top radiator hose

Custom hard pipe kit

Kakimoto exhaust

De-cat pipe

Fueling

660cc Denso Injectors

Greddy fuel rail

Auto Staff fuel pressure regulator with fuel pressure gauge

Nismo in tank fuel pump

Cooling

Greddy Intercooler

ARC alloy radiator

ARC air separator tank

Grex oil filter relocation kit

Greddy Oil cooler kit

Brakes/Suspension/Drive

Rebuilt gear box at time of engine build

NISMO copper mix clutch (very easy to use)

Cusco rear LSD

Trust larger capacity rear diff cover

AP 6 pot front callipers good discs and pads.

Braided brake lines

Apexi coilovers

Cusco front and rear anti roll bars

Adjustable pillowball lower and top arms (very rare)

Front adjustable top arms

After market front tension rods

Interior/CPU/Controllers

Apexi power FC ECU

Apexi power FC hand commander

Apexi power fc boost controller kit

Hesemi racing bucket seats

Sparco steering wheel

Exterior

17” Advan SSR alloy wheels

Goodyear Eagle tyres

Nismo rear spoiler lip

http://www.harlow-jap-autos.co.uk/HJA058.050.JPG

http://www.harlow-jap-autos.co.uk/HJA058.023.JPG

http://www.harlow-jap-autos.co.uk/HJA058.010.JPG

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is stunning :cool:

Looks great rob, my fave of all the skyline models.

Beautiful, I love the look of R32 GTRs.

Good choice!!

Looks lovely! Great asset to in comparison to your more recently ex cars ;)

Really nice that one.

Properly quick cars I imagine when tickled a bit with the awd.

Congratulations and enjoy :D

That's really sweet that.

Wow! Thats stunning.

Love the R32!

That looks super clean Rob :cool:

:cool: that is a stunner of a 32

That's a great looking motor

Very nice that, really like the look of the 32 and that looks great.

Thanks guys :) Really looking forward it and being chased down by Mike in his 700hp supra round Cadwell, see how different it was to last time with me in the R35 and him in his old time attack Soop :cool::D

That is gorgeous,how does it compare power wise to a supra at the same level?

Very different animal! A well setup single 550-600 streetable supra is awesome! But IMO probably takes a much higher level of skill to go as quickly as the same R32. IMO I just find the corner exiting speeds of the R32/4 incredible and infact I've found with HICAS/ATTESA its actual better to keep your toe in (which requires some serious brave pills). I think the 4WD makes them so nibble, it doesn't take anything away from a Supra they are both great cars!

Looks lovely Rob. Proper car.

Cheers JP, that exactly what the Wife said after she'd calmed down about the purchase :D I nearly sold the S5 and bought an R8 V10 but I was a tad disappointed with it so decided to keep the S5 for business and get a 'proper' for fun :)

Awesome car mate i love the 32, great colour choice too ;)

Cheers always loved the White, was going to go Bay side blue R34 GTR but i've already had a R34.

Very nice Rob, unmolested on the outside but lots of goodies under wraps - the way it should be :) Looking forward to the future updates.

Cheers dude, I'll update this thread if that's ok? If folk are interested :)

Nice motor rob. You certainly like a change. How's about a run down to Cheshire for the next meet. Be nice to see it flying under the airport tunnel.

Life's a bit short not to IMO :D I can see a time when cars like this will be outlawed or just to expensive to run, I've literally got a bucket list of motors I want to own one day, unfortunately the list keeps getting bigger :) :innocent: :D

Stunning car Rob, always fancied myself an r32! how does it compare to your previous R34 for handling/build quality etc?

Top end power wise this is a bit down tbh but the low down torque is so much better than the old T04Z. This one is so much more responsive! I think on track the R34 I had , benefited from sightly better tech i.e. the ATTESA can move the power round a bit better, but the R32 makes some of that up by being the lightest of the bunch by about 100kg. IMO the R32 feels the most alive and raw of any of GTR generation and I still maintain that my old R34 GTR with the open screamer, 3 foot flames and RB26 howl was one of the most exciting cars I've ever driven.

Sounded just like this:-

I can't wait to but a small single on this with an open screamer, hopefully making it as responsive with a bit more top end power!

You are not wrong about the brave pills ;)

Yesterday I was at Castle Combe with another GTR and a R34. Went out in the R34 and it was fantastic!! Its been setup for that track, owner has owned and modded over 6 years and you could tell. Out on track, he was flat threw some of the bends and the car just continued, utterly fantastic!

Your new car looks great, really simple, subtle and clean! Hope to see it around at some events ;)

Nice car. The one in the video sounded brilliant.

Cheers yeah they do awesome :cool:

Nice choice, lovely looking example :)

Cheers :)

You are not wrong about the brave pills ;)

Yesterday I was at Castle Combe with another GTR and a R34. Went out in the R34 and it was fantastic!! Its been setup for that track, owner has owned and modded over 6 years and you could tell. Out on track, he was flat threw some of the bends and the car just continued, utterly fantastic!

Your new car looks great, really simple, subtle and clean! Hope to see it around at some events ;)

Thanks Graham yeah be good todo some events, let me know next one your on and I'll see if I'm free to join :) I'm sure you'll have a good view on track but I'm sure it'll be from your rear view mirror, whilst your GTR is being chased by its great great grandfather lol your more than welcome to do Cadwell when Mike and I go.

Out of interest how did the 34 fair against yourself and the GTR? Much slower? What spec was it?

Cheers yeah they do awesome :cool:

Cheers :)

Thanks Graham yeah be good todo some events, let me know next one your on and I'll see if I'm free to join :) I'm sure you'll have a good view on track but I'm sure it'll be from your rear view mirror, whilst your GTR is being chased by its great great grandfather lol your more than welcome to do Cadwell when Mike and I go.

Out of interest how did the 34 fair against yourself and the GTR? Much slower? What spec was it?

When you going to Cadwell? Well driven 32 is better than a poorly driven 35 ;)

The 34 is well modded and perfectly setup for Castle Combe, owner spends a lot of time there. Its was running 520hp on low boost, will go up to 630hp... 2.7l engine, full APs, lots of suspension work, etc. He was about on par with a friends GTR (600hp, well driven, both know the track very well).