The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tyre sizes - will 285 or 295's and 255's fit? What ratios?

Big Mark

Currently running 275/35 R18 rears and 245/40 R18 tyres but need new tyres all round and tempted to up the sizes.

Not sure of fronts but my rear wheels are 10J +45 offset,

Would 285/35 R18 rears and 255/40 R18 fronts be ok?

Wheels were purchased from Keron here: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?311914-18-quot-work-meister-s2r-wheels-and-tyres-for-sale

IMG_3274.jpg

IMG_3275.jpg

IMG_3276.jpg

IMG_3277.jpg

IMG_3278.jpg

IMG_3279.jpg

IMG_3280.jpg

Edited by Big Mark (see edit history)

285's will fit at rear with the arch lip rolled or trimmed, but 295's are too large for 10J wheels.

If the fronts are 8.5J, steering and handling is more responsive with 245's, better still with 235's, 255's look cool but encourage tramlining.

How are 295 to large on my 10j they have been great for me ?

Now ive lowered mine i get catching on the rear mines only a 265 tyre on a 10" et35 wheel lol

Im guessing most people here have arches rolled already?

Ive just bought a bargain set of wheels rears are 10.5 et20 which i have to try and fit without going wider arches hmm

Got a message from my local Arch Enemy guy, he reckons on a Supra he can get an extra 20mm with an arch roll.

Biggest tyre I'd put on my rear rim would be a 295 so thinking I might as well get my moneys worth then.

So anyone know what aspect ratios I should be going for if I'm going 255 front and 295 rears?

Could you post up some picture once you've had it done as I'm interested to see the out come as I will need new rear tyres soon, I currently have 275 on my 10j and if I have the option to go a little wider then I will get the arches rolled cheers

Will do, speaking to Arch Enemy guy at present, looking like it'll be sometime in April. Give's me time to find rear tyres.