The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What is happening to Euro?

Sanya

Like any partnership the EU is only as strong as its weakest links. IMHO the EU is on borrowed time, (and borrowed money), and is likely to implode at some stage. Hopefully we might no longer be a member before that occurs. It's a mess with debt rampant, border controls none existent and a bureaucracy that's top heavy and indulgently wasteful. As messes go it takes some beating!

Yep, I think its due to uncertainty about Greece and also the continuing situation of lack of growth in many of the EU countries.

But, a falling value of Euro is good for Germany as it is a big exporter of many products. Cheaper products will mean more exports and a method of Germany being able to re-coup some of the debt it is having to hand out in bailouts.

So it could be a 'designed' feature to have a falling euro value in present times.

In theory, the EU zone shouldn't 'need' to import things from outside the area, so member states shouldn't need to lose money on foreign exchange rates.

But the theory is proving to be a bit shallow in reality, hence why I am firmly anti-EU and wish the UK to leave.

Edit to add : I think Chris puts it nicely that the situation is only as strong as the weakest links, and within the EU there are quite a few weak links indeed. And seemingly with intentions of incorporating more weak links in the form of Ukraine etc.

The situation is Greece and the anti EU parties gaining support throughout Europe prob has something to do with it, I imagine our election will be watched by those in Europe too :D

As already mentioned, if it benefits Germany then its likely to have something to do with it since they seem to run Europe :shock:

We are in a nice s**t here in Europe, scandal after scandal...

And we are now preparing ourselve to let the Greece leaving the group after several Billion donations... veeery litlle signs of economic growth, terrorist attacks, (big) countries losing their Karma (like in France where People (TV channels) compare their governmet with Germany as having constructiv proceedings, ...)

Europe is A BIG MAFIA against you have the feeling you CAN'T do anything...

:)

But then you would have the opportunity to import from the rest of the world without additional import duties placed by the EEA. ;)

Swings and roundabouts some would say, but if your sole supplier is in Germany then I can see how things may take a turn for the worse, IF leaving the EU would see a significant rise in import duty from the EEA.

You have to remember that the UK can play the same game once we leave and place additional duties on the financial services that the EEA are heavily reliant on.

So I think a sensible agreement would be negotiated so as to not affect either side of the channel too harshly.

Think I shot myself in the foot . Changed £2500 when the € was 1.28 , then changed £1500 when €1.32 ,then 10 days ago changed £1000 when €1.36 . Shudda waited!!!!

Im the same got a couple of Europe trips this year and am going to change it all up in one go. Picking the correct time is hard. I have been holding out for a while.