The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Brake pads advise.

ripped_fear

Hi guys.

My Na has the smaller j-spec brakes and even though they have all been rebuilt recently and I have decent OEM disks all fairly new, I'm not impressed with the stopping power since I had the pads changed. So decided to change them again as part of her service, and looking at my options,

What would people recommend?

OEM

Porterfields

CW pads

Somthing else? No looking to spends massive amounts but obviously want decent ones so happy to pay a bit :)

Any links, prices, ect very welcome

Also is there a guide anywhere to change them yourself? would love to know how to do it without putting it in the garage this time.

Thanks

I have Goodrich lines on it all ready I just feel these new pads are junk so changing them.

Anyone know how much CW's are? May be worth a try this time round although I did like the OEM's previously.

Also while Im at it Im going to do a fluid change so fluid recommendations are welcomed too :)

Edited by ripped_fear (see edit history)

I am just about managing to hold the special offer price. J-Spec pads are £130 plus VAT a full car set. UK pads are £140 a full car set. If bought as a full set I will do FREE insured P&P to UK postcodes. I cannot do this for part sets though. A "split" set, UK fronts and Jap spec rears are £135 a set, plus VAT. Not much margin in these, I doubt I can do the offer for much longer, especially if my carriage charges rise again.

If anyone wants a set please E-MAIL me, do not send me PM's. [email protected]. I have both types in stock. I can this compound for lots of other cars too. Thanks.

So the general consensus seems to be CW over the other option although any I listed will be good.

Will price them all up and make my decision on that out of the above three.

I have EBC green pads on mine Jake, not great but im used to SBC brakes on my merc, i would give you a hand to do them at hazel rd one night or weekend if you want......................

I will drop you a pm actually I will take you up on that offer. Thanks mate :thumbs:

I am just about managing to hold the special offer price. J-Spec pads are £130 plus VAT a full car set. UK pads are £140 a full car set. If bought as a full set I will do FREE insured P&P to UK postcodes. I cannot do this for part sets though. A "split" set, UK fronts and Jap spec rears are £135 a set, plus VAT. Not much margin in these, I doubt I can do the offer for much longer, especially if my carriage charges rise again.

If anyone wants a set please E-MAIL me, do not send me PM's. [email protected]. I have both types in stock. I can this compound for lots of other cars too. Thanks.

Don't worry Chris I wont pm you :) Will drop you an email later. Thanks

Decent pads and braided lines and also fit a brake master cylinder stopper, they make a significant difference to the pedal feel

Brake stopper is on the list, I need to modify my engine bay box first to fit one.