The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Driveway gates

mplavery

We just moved in to our new home and I want to replace the iron gates with 6ft wood gates for privacy ..

We're in Middlesex and just wondered before I start calling all sorts of company's can anyone recommend me someone

.. Never fitted gates so best they get fitted as well lol I'm hoping they can use the existing iron post which are holding up the current gates

Cheers

Depends how long and heavy each gate leaf is, and if the posts are tall enough for what might need to be 6 foot plus gates physically and aesthetically. There may also well be planning permission issues with tall gates.

Of course post diameter, section and how well rooted they are will matter. If in doubt dig them out and use something more suitable. You'd pay good money at a gym for similar exercise time ;)

Proper hardwood gates are expensive. Softwood ones a PITA as they'll warp and rot in no time.