The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pro EFI

Jamesc183

Syvecs has rolling anti-lag feature. Hodge fitted it to 'The Kraken' when he owned it

Ahh Ok so am I right in thinking Syvecs is the UK equivalent to PRO EFI. The only reason I ask is because most of the big power Supra's in the US run it.

Not much support over here, Jason Siebel (owner of Pro EFI) was one of the main developers for AEM back in the early days of the AEM ECUs.

Rolling antilag is quite common among aftermarket ECUs ;)

Really? I've never seen the feature utilised like it is in that video before. Looks like a useful alternative to brake boosting! ;) So Syvecs and AEM run this feature too?

why does he floor it then take it out of gear ??

I wondered that too ...no load and anti-lag running!:blink:

Other than that unless you track the car, I really don't see the point.

Its a very poor demonstration of antilag :D

As many including myself have said, choose your ECU on the basis of technical support and the number of mappers available in your locale. To be honest most high end ecu's have only a fraction of their potential functionality used in a six pot road car. What you need are mappers who know it intimately and are 100% familiar with the hardware and software, and a dealer or manufacturer with robust technical support you can access in real time. To me that means Motec, Syvecs and if you are flush EFI Technology, or GEMS. At the lower end I have found the Link ecu very good with sensible software, and even the Power FC if you have a six speed manual and can find one for sale.

As for American ecus you have to remember they are still happiest with carburettors and cams with pushrods :) Even NASCAR had to be led by the nose towards EFI ;)