The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Question.....

uksupra

do you guys find you are hated by other car drivers????

kinda like they are jealous of our supras???

whenever i drive around i get people tailgating me trying to undertake me on single lanes( and no im not a sunday driver), and generally just get bad vibes from people.....

also do you get the stupid drivers in their noway near competetive cars revving up next to you at traffic lights as if they think they stand a chance at beating you???

maybe its just me...? i just wanted to see!!!!

I think that's the case no matter what you drive these days, the majority of road users take very little time to consider others.

One thing I find with the Supra is that people move out of the way more than they do when I'm in other cars, nobody ever seems to want to race and although I get a few people driving way too close I put it down to them being idiots rather than me driving a Supra.

(Had a new Mini full of young lads an inch from my bumper when coming back from Thor the other weekend, I braked for some traffic lights and they had to slam on, this caused the front end of the car to skid and took them to the other side of the road, could have been very serious but they just came back and got right up my NuR again.... I fancy a back bumper though so if they want to buy it.....)

Now and again. I got called a wanker by a biker coming towards me a while back... nearly shit himself when I caught up to him at the round about ;)

I've had threats to tear my spoiler off and what have you but I think most of the people in crap motors who drive up your arse only do it to see you take off. Happened a load of times when I've gunned it, they've given me the thumbs up or a round of aplause lol

do you guys find you are hated by other car drivers????

kinda like they are jealous of our supras???

whenever i drive around i get people tailgating me trying to undertake me on single lanes( and no im not a sunday driver), and generally just get bad vibes from people.....

also do you get the stupid drivers in their noway near competetive cars revving up next to you at traffic lights as if they think they stand a chance at beating you???

maybe its just me...? i just wanted to see!!!!

Yup. I get it quite a bit where I live, probably cos I work on an RAF base with lots of younger people -

One guy in a V6 vectra was "pushing" me, sat practicaly in the boot, and I was coming up behind a slower car, so dropped to 4th booted it, and nearly went pete tong, damp road, back tyre went over a cats eye, over took the car "slightly" sideways - didnt see the vectra till he overtook me going round a blind bend.... shame there was no cars coming the other way. At that point I decided to stay away from him!

:stupid:

I find that people seem to let me out of junctions alot in my supe but I do get a lot of Chavs and younger idiots drive up my arse and spin off from traffic lights. The reason I think you will get this a lot is because they want to push you into Booting your Supra so they can see and hear the power. I dont think they do it because they think they can beat you. This is my theory anyway.....but saying that there are a lot of inconsiderate drivers out there, I'm forever having near misses due to other people's wrecklessness. :Pling:

Tigger you got a TT or N/A????

i just seem to get everyone trying to have a go....

and even after i have floored it and proved a point they shoot back up and start all over again...

maybe its because im young i dont know but im glad its not just me...

i was starting to get paranoid!!!! hahaha

I get let out, moved over for and appreciative looks/gawps by 98% of the drivers out there.

Had a classic on Sunday, I was changing the spark plugs in my girlfriends drive and some 50 year old average chap got out of his Polo and said "sorry I just had to stop and have a look!" I just said "your welcome to" he said "so what is it?.... Is it an Aston?" At which point I had to burst out laughing - I did explain it was a Toyota....didn't seem so interested then, so I added "it's faster than an Aston" ;) (This was the first morning after fitting the BL61 :D ) Shame it's not mapped yet :(

I get let out, moved over for and appreciative looks/gawps by 98% of the drivers out there.

Had a classic on Sunday, I was changing the spark plugs in my girlfriends drive and some 50 year old average chap got out and said "sorry I just had to stop and have a look!" I just said "your welcome to" he said "so what is it?.... Is it an Aston?" At which point I had to burst out laughing - I did explain it was a Toyota....didn't seem so interested then, so I added "it's faster than an Aston" ;) (This was the first morning after fitting the BL61 :D ) Shame it's not mapped yet :(

i had exactly the same comment from a friend of mine. 'fcuk me! have you won the lottery? how can you afford a db7? :looney: