The mkiv Supra Owners Club

jap spec brakes and uprated pads

colsoop

Wow what a difference a decent set of pads and a fluid change have made to the jap spec brakes. I have fitted new disks up front along with cw fast road pads and motul rbf 600 fluid.

I have bedded them in now and as an experiment i went out and did 5 heavy brakes in a row from 120 to 50 and have not experienced any fade at all. :respekt:

The only criticism I have is the amount of dust they produce but my alloys are tatty any way so i dont mind.

I just thought I would share that with you :hug:

cheers

colin

Thanks for the good feedback. As for dust you have to remember that we are really trying to make very small brakes survive very hard usage on a very heavy car, so *ANY* pad is going to make more dust the harder it is worked. The thing about my fast road pads is firstly they make a lot less dust than stock ones, used similarly hard, and the dust they DO make is none metallic, and as such doesn't fuse into the wheels and paintwork as glowing metallic particles. Pads will always be a compromise, but I have been very pleased with these compounds, and until I get back down to say 20 sets in stock they are a real bargain price :)