The mkiv Supra Owners Club

tyres

ronttuk

Guest Budz86

I ran Goodyear Eagle F1's and they were the best I found for that power. Loads of grip in dry and the wet, predictable and the rears lasted a good 2 years. Fronts are still good for another few thousand too

Toyo T1 Sports are probably the best all round tyre I've used (I haven't tried many). If I was to fault them I would say the sidewalls felt a bit soft when I did a sprint day locally but that asides they offered great wet and dry performance and were a very reasonable price.

I ran Maxxis MA-Z1's last year. They were spot on in the dry, ok in the wet, but found when the tread got to around 4mm, boost would come on at 4k and it'd be losing grip.

Just bought a new set of wheels that came with tyres called Altenzo Sport Comforters and I have to say, I'm properly impressed!! I'd never heard of them but they've only got good reviews as far as I could see.

I've got Goodyear Eagle F1's on the back as they came with the current wheels and I'll not be putting them back on. Grip is ok but the noise compared to Kumho KU31's I had on my old wheels is terrible. I had no complaints at all when I ran the Kumhos so probably going back to them

My misses just fitted some federal 595 rs-r to her skyline for a cheap tyre it has a crazy load of grip I would say as good as my pilot sports it also has good ratings on scooby/evo forums, federal say it's based on a track day tyre though so not sure about wear life yet but they are cheap from tyre leader a 265/35/18 is £92

Edited by chazuk (see edit history)