The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Leather re-trimmers - maybe hobbyists on here....

ShawnPreece

as some of you know I am installing a complete new interior into my car which has all been re-trimmed in oxblood red leather, I have a pillar gauge pod to go in the car that is just in black plastic and so I need this to be trimmed in the same leather, I do have some of the leather but only a little bit and isnt enough to do this so I also need to purchase some of the leather but is there anyone on here (hobbyist or trader) that would do the re-trimming for me? im hoping to source the leather myself first so I can supply both.

There is a person who lives near me that was highly recommended but when I went to him he told me that he wouldn't be able to do it because of the shape.

Gibson trimming comes up a lot, i'd love to use them when i eventually do mine.

They arent traders though.

Ibrar had some work done by Edge Automotive on his crazy wide arch Supra.

The quality was incredible, he had his whole interior re-trimmed including the dash.

http://www.edgeautomotive.co.uk/

Again, they are not a trader on the forum though.

Thanks guys il have a look at both :)

Here are some of Jurgens Work:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]198925[/ATTACH]

Apologies for no vacuuming first.. :innocent:

By the way these are now 3yrs old since Jurgen recovered them. I think very good quality work, long lasting, very little stretch, subsidence inside, no bagginess at all. well worth the money and make the interior much much better quality

Have you tried Gibson? IIRC they were traders on here years ago so must have quite a bit of experience with Supras.

Ahh that's good il give them a message then cheers

Have you tried finding out who James used for the rest of the interior?

He bought the interior like that otherwise I would of asked him, might be worth asking him anyway though actually as he might know where it was done, cheers

Perhaps look at the classic car world.

There's a classic car restoration show at the NEC soon (this weekend?) - possibly some traders there to do this kind of thing?

Thanks Pete yeah good thinking I might search a few of these and see what they come up

Thanks for all your responses guys il see what I can find from your suggestion :)