The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheels Wheels Wheels

Hitbox Junkie

Ive been looking at CCW's XXRs and I do like them but been told not to cheap out on XXR's and just thinking about something different to CCW's

I dislike my current alloys but then I haven't been near them much in person yet but Ive been looking at these instead of the above http://strasseforged.com/performance-r10/

size id be looking at is 18's with a width of 8.5 for the fronts and 9.5 - 10.5 on the rear

Any thoughts on these choices and has anyone delt with these guys before or even have them?

I am waiting on a quote from them for price delivered and with duties payed

Cheers

Ant

Edited by Hitbox Junkie (see edit history)

They look nice, I'd go wider though as you are single power, id go something like 9.5-10 front and 11.5 rear.

I'm liking those r10's..! My TRD wheels are 9.5 on the rear and wish I had wider for traction.

duly noted, ive been told wider is better from somewhere else ;) but that is a another story.

An update.

A quote came in my eyes are watering

They want $4400 with fronts being 9 and rears 11 in size 18rims works out around £2900.

With $990 in duties/frieght and delivery to my door.

So total comes in at around $5400. So guessing about £3500.

Seems alot to me for wheels and thats with out rubber.

But they are nice :( I hope I get that pay rise ive asked for. I just might have to get these end of this year, but im total against spending that amount of some new shoes :/

Wheel width is really dependent on use above everything else. Remember, while wider wheels are ideal for traction on dry, flat surfaces, they upset ride quality and wet weather handling. I would carefully balance this with your choice of tyre. :)

Also, I would advise a decent second hand forged wheel over a cheap new cast one any day.

I agree pay for what you get just seems a crazy amount I will be moling it over may see if I can get them cheaper or at least with duties and postage included in the 4400 price.

I was looking at some for just over 2k without tyres, I got a decent bonus but in the end I cheaped out and went for some wheels 1/3 cheaper and banked the rest :)

Im considering going cheaper but I cant find any I like or if I do everyone else has them lol

Same Wheels I requested a quote on 5 weeks ago....still no response :( Saw this pic and wanted a set :cool:

http://strasseforged.com/images/gallery/toyota_supra/toyota_supra_1.jpg

They look amazing I got the idea from a black supra with these in chrome :love:

That's a serious price for rims mate.

My CCW's were cheaper than that : I paid less than 5000$ including R888's.

I knew they were going to be exspensive but inwas hoping they would be around the same proce as ccw classics. will see later in the year where im at with the idea.

Guest Budz86

Just while we're on the subject (I've been looking for something similar) what sort of offsets do people recommend? Thinking 9-10" fronts and 11" rears.