The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another what do you think my wheels are worth?

Brazil

Gents,

I am looking to change my wheels and like to know what they would be worth second hand price.

Model is 19'' Volk Rays GT-AV - 10.5 wide on the rear and 9.5 at the front - they have been recently refurbished and I like to sell them without tyres.

Looks like I have sold my wheels...!

The Supra is coming back with a vengeance - new look - new SRD heart...!

Right now on top of my list is the Work Meister S1 3p like Marb b has... but in 19inch and super dishy...! Now I need to get the technical drawings of my Endless brakes and be really careful that my new wheels will fit...!

On the other hand though with my new power goals of a solid 800bhp I wonder if I should sacrifice looks for better performace going 18'' wheels so I can have more side wall...! well I guess this will be on another thread..!

dude im going to PM you a different set of wheels to try, those work meisters have been over done

I see they are quite popular with the GTR's they looks super...!

I know what you mean though with the S1' being a bit dated...! would be nice to hav something more fresh.. but I really like the dishy wheels, the only thing which is not cool is keeping them lips polished.. .not easy task... lol

Don't think rides an issue with 19's as long as your cars set up correctly and its got suspension

that actually moves.

Mine was great ride and handling wise

Of course if you have to drive over crap pothole filled rds and it's your daily then its not going to be

as nice as the stock set up.

I don't think Luiz has that problem :)

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Im just going to put it out there you might not want to run 19" with a single turbo setup traction will be shocking as well as the ride .

I am going to need traction, its no fun to have power but not able to propel the car foward..! How did Hodge get on with his 1000bhp supra using 19'' tyres?

I know though, drag cars have massive side wall for a reason..! Shame 19's look awesome..! lol

I am going to need traction, its no fun to have power but not able to propel the car foward..! How did Hodge get on with his 1000bhp supra using 19'' tyres?

I know though, drag cars have massive side wall for a reason..! Shame 19's look awesome..! lol

its down to tyre wall thickness and give which takes up the imprefections of the road in a nut shell,

dont get me wrong you can do it on 19" but 18" grip would be a better . This is just my view but depends on where you live , road conditions and what you use your car for .