The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello, help with making an awd 2jz w/ vvti swap car? help my uneducated self

Guest morepsitehbett4

Guest morepsitehbett4

Huge subaru fan here, thanks ahead of time. you can mock and point, but I will do a swap like this. I have a 351w I wanted to use, but don't want a pushrod motor and the v8 noise. I just need some help sourcing some parts and need advice. I am ready to purchase the awd components any time, so if u have them or know where to source them, please let me know.

What toyota suv's can be gutted for front drive shaft/diff or do you need a skyline transfer case/diff. Has anyone on here built one? I know there was a guy in Sweden? doing them?

anyway, what years are good for the vvti motors?

what is the easiest 2jz swap car with good aerodynamics, too?

thanks for your patience!

Guest morepsitehbett4

I want to build a roll racing car. 70+ mm turbo, sp hd qsv, and vvti. I've had AWD much of my life, and I 'm pretty familiar with them. I want the reliability and rather light weight it affords (2jz)

I have family from Lewisham btw, and am a uk citizen myself. :)

Guest morepsitehbett4

Surely, but I want that drivability where I live now, Michigan. We have a lot of bad roads and I just love awd turbos for this.

Guest morepsitehbett4
There was a 4WD built auto box for sale on one of the Facebook pages a few months back. Think it was a Russian guy who was selling. But may be a place to look if you can find the ad.

Ah, ok, sweet. As long as its not too custom, it should be pretty straightforward, in an is or sc, at least.

I think you can put the front half of a Supra v160 and a back half of a Skyline R34 V160 to make a 4wd V160. I would say that would cost about £5k. Then you have to figure out the ALTESSA and the front diff solution and drive shafts and the sump, steering, front hubs and your away. All good fun. :)

• 4 weeks later...