The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Forum sales

Graham1984

There seems to be a worrying amount of people on this forum trying to palm off a load of lies in their sales adverts lately. Not naming any names, but there is one currently quite fresh from today, and the dyno graph one from the other week spring to mind.

Are people really that desperate lately and deluded. The guy who brought my car told me a few disturbing things about some of the cars he had considered, especially when you factor in the asking prices and what was on offer for said price.

People need to understand that as a forum there is a lot of knowledge on these cars both past and present; also people here have long memories. If your car has a stated power/parts list people will scrutinise any bold BHP claims and on the whole are normally correct.

It's a sad day when High Wycombe sales techniques infect this place.

I'm very skeptical about buying anything from the well known Facebook group. By the look of it, at least one person has been scammed on there already. I do use the group, but I would always personally collect anything I bought off there, I would never trust sending money to a complete stranger via Facebook.

On here, it is easy to look back through someones posts etc

I'm very skeptical about buying anything from the well known Facebook group. By the look of it, at least one person has been scammed on there already. I do use the group, but I would always personally collect anything I bought off there, I would never trust sending money to a complete stranger via Facebook.

On here, it is easy to look back through someones posts etc

Agreed. When I had Facedump I had a look at the page. The fact Nizam is on there say's it all to me.

It's a shame the minority have to ruin it, but I do like this forum better than others I've been on. I suppose you just have to be wary, well I certainly am after watching the movie 'Focus' last night :D

But on a positive note, I'm chuffed with the condition of the fuel tank I received from Jay200BHP - As described & in mint cond..No rust at all!

Thanks Jay

It's a shame the minority have to ruin it, but I do like this forum better than others I've been on. I suppose you just have to be wary, well I certainly am after watching the movie 'Focus' last night :D

But on a positive note, I'm chuffed with the condition of the fuel tank I received from Jay200BHP - As described & in mint cond..No rust at all!

Thanks Jay

Leave feedback for it too. It doesn't guarantee an easy transaction, but it does help put peoples minds at ease slightly if they have previous feedback ratings.

I find it hard to trust certain members on here from my experience last rear!

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?303238-Iv-been-sold-something-misleading!

If id sold somthing and you wernt happy id try and fix it with you or money back with apologies they didnt fit your supra even if they fitted somone elses but thats me. I am told im too honest :D

If id sold somthing and you wernt happy id try and fix it with you or money back with apologies they didnt fit your supra even if they fitted somone elses but thats me. I am told im too honest :D

I totally agree in solving the problem, but when you buy something stating no fitment issues and all is perfect. After the item was sold I was told I need to modify this/that blah blah blah. End result I cut my loss sold them on with honesty to a member who had them modified to fit, I ended up with brand new Recaro that fit 100% no problems! If I had known the seats Monkey sold me need to be modified in some way I would have totally avoided the sale!

I only buy from people I've had interaction with, or people that have been on the forum a long time, that are regularly active.

I think it is pretty easy to tell who is an enthusiast and sees the forum as a comunity, and who is here just to take advantage of the forums benefits.