The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Who says autos are no good

hogmaw

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a Supra auto for 7 years and have now got a 6 speed for 6 months or so, I liked the auto but love the 6 speed.

I just find a manual more engaging and fun to drive.

This. My Auto/Tip is going in the next week and although it has been like sitting in an arm chair, strapped to a rocket, I have ultimately become bored of the experience and only did 1300 miles last year, including DB. Most of the other 300 miles were to and from the garage for MOT's, work etc.

Going for a 2 seater roadster today, 3.2 litres and a manual box. Hopefully that will renew my love of driving again.

I did actually miss my manual NA after I got the TT. Then again, I am a bit weird..!!

H.

That kid saying about the lag lol bet he was driving a Honda.

For the auto, Iv never been a massive fan and still can't wait to drop a 6 speed in, I just find that your not in full control with the gears ect and yes kick can be great but at the same time can screw you up at any point, people say it's a lazy drive being auto but I think you have to be more on the ball with the auto over a manual like the kid that brought my last one, had it 2 hours put foot down kick down happend and he to be cut out of the car!!!

That kid saying about the lag lol bet he was driving a Honda.

For the auto, Iv never been a massive fan and still can't wait to drop a 6 speed in, I just find that your not in full control with the gears ect and yes kick can be great but at the same time can screw you up at any point, people say it's a lazy drive being auto but I think you have to be more on the ball with the auto over a manual like the kid that brought my last one, had it 2 hours put foot down kick down happend and he to be cut out of the car!!!

I'd say that he was more unexperienced with powerful RWD cars.

I have an auto BMW and I absolutely love it. It's great for cruising around. I would love it to be manual around 10% of the time, the rest of the time it's just fantastic being auto.

For the non-daily I would always choose a manual though. I would never have an auto Sup other than for a daily driver. I DO find a manual car more engaging and more involved. Having said that, when into serious power an auto, I imagine, would be a lot easier to handle and keep in check. Trying to hold on while trying to change gear can't be fun if you're not ready for it lol. Burying your foot and only having to worry about the steering would make edge of the limit driving easier to take on.

Auto ftw! A built auto is even better. I find people's reactions once they've been out in an auto funny :D

Are you sure it's not the power of the car that causes the reaction?

I have an auto BMW and I absolutely love it. It's great for cruising around. I would love it to be manual around 10% of the time, the rest of the time it's just fantastic being auto.

For the non-daily I would always choose a manual though. I would never have an auto Sup other than for a daily driver. I DO find a manual car more engaging and more involved. Having said that, when into serious power an auto, I imagine, would be a lot easier to handle and keep in check. Trying to hold on while trying to change gear can't be fun if you're not ready for it lol. Burying your foot and only having to worry about the steering would make edge of the limit driving easier to take on.

Are you sure it's not the power of the car that causes the reaction?

Might be partly to do with that, but even when we was BPU passengers didn't expect the auto to be as savage on kickdown as it was. It just surprises a lot of people!