The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stock TT rad prefacelift vs facelift prices

chazuk

iirc the facelifts had a smaller core rad too? :blink:

Not sure it could of been I think it had something to do with what the core was made out of but not sure I might have to drop Chris a email if he does not see this thread see if he remembers

It probably isn't but one isn't an auto and one a manual you are looking at ?

No both are manual

Toyota listed 5 rads for the MKIV, they have now changed designs and the header and base tanks have fairly universal multiple mount holes for the fan shrouds, if you send me full car info and ideally a good clear photo of the engine side of the rad *OUT OF THE CAR*, shroud removed, I can supply OE rads at a good price. I get customers ordering the WRONG rad themselves, all the time, it's a minefield.

Toyota listed 5 rads for the MKIV, they have now changed designs and the header and base tanks have fairly universal multiple mount holes for the fan shrouds, if you send me full car info and ideally a good clear photo of the engine side of the rad *OUT OF THE CAR*, shroud removed, I can supply OE rads at a good price. I get customers ordering the WRONG rad themselves, all the time, it's a minefield.

Probably your best option chazuk, Chris sorted me out one for mine ages ago as I had multiple problems with cheap junk metal rads. Price was far cheaper than anywhere else.

Blimey , thanks Chris if I defiantly go down this route I will drop you a email .

Probably your best option chazuk, Chris sorted me out one for mine ages ago as I had multiple problems with cheap junk metal rads. Price was far cheaper than anywhere else.

Yea tell me about it I originally had a mishimoto the welds leaked. I am on a brand new koyo now which does not leak but my top heater hose and top rad hose is seeping from the ends almost coming out of the strands of the hose after lots of searching on here and supraforums it seems 1.3bar rad cap is just pointless and over the top and all it will do is help finish a old heater matrix off and find any leaks .

My 2nd problem was finding a stock pressure 1.1 cap for the koyo since the stock cap do not fit ,well they do but then you have expansion problems. I have got a cap coming from America which they run on koyo's it seems with others wanting stock pressure cap, but it's not arrived yet bored of waiting I heard skyline caps fit the Koyo so got one of those and touchwood it seems to be okay blowing out and sucking back when cold . The hoses are still seeping they are stock so going to replace them .Any more hassle and I am learning the hard way but the best parts are stock parts very rarely does a aftermarket part do a better job .

OEM manual radiators are discontinued now aren't they anyway ?

The same company that is doing the new 6spd's jap import car parts in the uk have the facelift radiator for £237 and the pre facelift for £139 .

Edited by chazuk (see edit history)