The mkiv Supra Owners Club

your views on a good fast spooling set-up

haz182

so, im not chasing numbers but looking for the best set-up for low down speed - 0-60/ 0-100.

You have a budget of around 5 - 7k with SRD doing most of the work, so that has to come into the budget too...

your current set-up is a uk spec auto, currently running bpu with syvec's, hks fuel rail, fmi etc. know the weak link is going to be the auto box but hoping the syvec can help prelong its life if running single with lots of torque. ( i will upgrade the box to a srd one down the line so isnt a big issue if auto box dose go - it was re-built 5k ago so should last awhile)

so your opinions on the best route to go, what set-ups would you go for etc? or would you feel the budget needs to be higher? im not after the 'perfect' setup as i do want to keep to a sensible budget. any pointers would be great!

EDIT: misread ECU comment.

Good used GT35R turbo. Decent used manifold along the lines of HKS, Greddy or Whifbitz. Gearbox coolers. It's all the little bits that will add up, but these are all the basis of a reliable setup, so don't buy cheap components.

Keep an eye out for a built autobox, as you can then run much quicker shift times. Possibly consider running paddleshifters, which the Syvecs allows. :)

Edited by j_jza80 (see edit history)

so, im not chasing numbers but looking for the best set-up for low down speed - 0-60/ 0-100.

You have a budget of around 5 - 7k with SRD doing most of the work, so that has to come into the budget too...

your current set-up is a uk spec auto, currently running bpu with syvec's, hks fuel rail, fmi etc.

IMO you'll need a budget of closer to £10k to include Syvecs, unless you are very lucky.

He's already got the Syvecs ;)

On that budget, I would look at another ECU. Probably one of the EMU ones that Lyndon (Nodalmighty) does. Good used GT35R turbo, (either 3576 or 3582 ideally, but I wouldn't be too fussed at this budget). Decent used manifold along the lines of HKS, Greddy or Whifbitz. Gearbox coolers. It's all the little bits that will add up, but these are all the basis of a reliable setup, so don't buy cheap components.

IMO you'll need a budget of closer to £10k to include Syvecs, unless you are very lucky.

I read the first post as he already has a syvecs ?

Precision 6266 GEN2.

If money is an issue at the minute, I'd hold out until you can afford to do it all properly.

He could easily do this for 5-7k easy! as stated he's probably not looking for stupid top end power he has a syvecs, fmic,hks fuel rail, its a uk spec so the brakes will be okay if not going stilly power

Whifblitz twin gate bw s300 turbo kit 61mm £3800

bosch 044 or walbro pump £180-220

ansu 1000 injectors £684

Whifbitz Supra Autobox Cooler Kit £246

syvecs remap £450

Total £5400

Leaving 1600 quid for fitting if it even costs that much

Edited by chazuk (see edit history)

I'm guessing he has injectors too otherwise why fit an hks fuel rail?

To answer your question, get Lee to source you a turbo kit; you could go new but I'd go with a decent 2nd hand one with good quality parts. Won't cost as much as you think, £2k maybe. There's a couple floating around here at the moment for good money.

You then need the fuel pump and injectors (I'm selling a set of 650 drop in's if that helps). Fitting and mapping; done. You're most of the way there already and get a decent deal on some parts and you'll go home with change.....or more parts! ;)

I would go for :

CEA Gen2 6266

cast manifold

3" DP/MP

autobox cooler

Injectors (depending if your current one's need changing)

fuel pump (depending if your current one needs changing)

Paddle shift option

You should be closer to 5k than 7k imo. The fact that you have a Syvecs already is a big bonus.

Edited by Luxluc (see edit history)

You are right ; the smaller, the better for a sub 600bhp goal.

Have you got any reports of 2JZ with it yet ?

Jamie P said about it and i found this but by the looks of the spool its about the same as my T67 dbb lol, not sure whats wrong with that guys set up but something is as he gets full boost around 4,500rpm

http://www.koracing.net/galleryimages/DynoGehlSupra5862vs6266.jpg

http://www.koracing.net/gallery.php?folder=101

This is interesting, it suggests that although it doesnt make as much power as a 6262 it comes on earlier

good find that mate ,

higher boost will see the 58 drop off more then the 62 simpley because a 62 can flow more , another factor with the 58 is its limited T4 turbine housings its more aimed at T3.

looks like a cracking turbo though

Any branded 61-62mm double ball bearing turbo (Garrett GT3582R would be my choice) will give you the response you want.

If you're on a budget then I'd consider buying a good quality kit 2nd hand.

If you want to buy new then the Powerhouse Racing Street Torque kit with the optional 6266 double ball bearing turbo would be perfect for you.

http://www.powerhouseracing.com/p-4795-phr-street-torque-turbo-kit-for-toyota-supra-tt.aspx

Edited by Nic (see edit history)