The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Engine Detailing Products?

Big Supes

Really just looking to make everything look factory fresh. This could lead to polishing, however, if I get carried away. :D There's no way I'll be getting into your league though dude. That's some serious dedication. :)

If your not intending to polish then just give all the plastics a good clean then use a good quality silicone on them, be warned though if your intending to paint any of said plastics at a later date silicone is a sod to remove.

If your not polishing any of the metal work then just use a good quality cleaner, I used to use a wheel cleaner on my NA inlet, then followed by some wax. People always comented on how clean it always looked. Now it smoothed and painted so just wax :) much easier.

If you want my opinion I wouldn't polish parts unles they are easy things like hard pipes etc. They are horrible to keep ontop of and for this reason is why I removed most of my polished parts. If you decide to take it to the next level, go stainless, painted, powder coated or chromed. Just my 2p's worth.

If you need a hand give me a shout.

Since i'm madly in love with detailing cars:

After every winter, i clean out the engine bay so it looks "nice". Not awesome, shiny or amazing, just cleaner then it was before. (My daily driver isn't a super car so i have no intrest in keeping the engine bay super clean).

For the engine cleaning i use all purpose cleaner from meguiars. You have to mix it with water & put it in a spray bottle (obv), so you can make it strong as you want it.

Highly recommend this product btw :D

Cheers

As others have said, All Purpose Cleaners, degreasers, Engine & Machine cleaner from Autoglym are all great with a selection of brushes to clean the bay up. You cannot beat good old elbow grease and just rinse as you go. Use some common sense by putting a bag over open air filters etc I would then use Aerospace 303 sprayed everywhere whilst the bay is still wet to dress everything. Do not wipe it, just leave it, shut the bonnet and leave it to dry for 3-4 hours. Then just wipe any excess from areas. Loads of examples on my website or in the trader section :)

have a look on e bay for viro sol , it will clean anything and everything safely , plus iys not expensive , ive used this product on the cars in my gallery , I used to sell it but the postage kills any good deals these days.

its also called citra safe , from a company called caterclean.

if you cant get any let me know and ill see if I can sort you out with some

Edited by peter richards (see edit history)

have a look on e bay for viro sol , it will clean anything and everything safely , plus iys not expensive , ive used this product on the cars in my gallery , I used to sell it but the postage kills any good deals these days.

its also called citra safe , from a company called caterclean.

if you cant get any let me know and ill see if I can sort you out with some

Thank you fella