The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Reviving dead supra?

Kendo11

Evening all,

Car has been off the road for about 2 months, and not started for about 3 weeks as I've been away and busy.

Went to start it yesterday and it's totally dead, even the remote locking and alarm won't work.

I'm going to get a brand new battery, but do I need to do anything else out of the ordinary, or just fire it up?

A little cautious with it obviously being an old car etc.

Cheers

hmm, if you replaced the battery & the fob (alarm & remote locking) don't work, i doubt the car will start due to the immobilizer. I've had the same issue, so if it doesn't start (unless the starter clicks) then it's probably the immobilizer being silly. If it does start, no problem at all. I had the TOAD fob & immobilizer & removed it completely due to the car not wanting to start when the fob battery died.

Keep us an update how it goes! :D