The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ukip

Tony

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like pointless headline grabbing statistics, where is the comparison with UK prisoners expressed as a percentage of the whole?

To be fair, the official prison statistics back the OP up. Almost every ethnic or religious minority group in the UK makes up a greater percentage of the prison population than their percentage of the total UK population.

Draw what conclusions you will, but they are the facts.

Have you joined the EDL yet Abz?

I tried but I was disgusted to see that they all drove German cars & wore clothes made in Bangladesh. They also had foreign names like Edward, I mean who calls a British child Edward, he didn't even have scissor hands either! Ridiculous!!!

Think he's been busy with his alliance to the KKK mate.

At the moment I have convinced them its a tan from a holiday in Texas... They haven't sussed me out yet.

Looks Nigel is right again

Right about what exactly?

All these stats show (if true) is the number of criminals locked up, which doesn't really tell you much at all.

It may say that 414 Romanians were locked up for theft, but for all you know 40,000 English people may have been locked up for the same crime.

Which begs the question: why aren't the stats for English people up there too? Perhaps they were omitted deliberately???

Taking stats like this without questioning them is fine - if you're happy being ignorant.

To be fair, the official prison statistics back the OP up. Almost every ethnic or religious minority group in the UK makes up a greater percentage of the prison population than their percentage of the total UK population.

Draw what conclusions you will, but they are the facts.

This is true. You could draw the conclusion that some ethnic groups are picked on more by the police than the indigenous population. Or perhaps they find it harder to find work, for whatever reason, and so in their frustration they resort to crime. On the other hand perhaps Johnny Foreigner is just lazy, immoral & workshy who would rather benefit from live a life of crime than do a hard days work. Like those ones 'taking all our jobs'. :rolleyes:

Fact of the matter is, drawing conclusions from stats like the one from the OP doesn't really do anything apart from reinforce prejudice.

Maybe it's about the scum we have coming over here, hardly 'giving' to the economy are they ? Different case to home grown scum, these ones can be stopped at the border.

Yes it would be good if we could stop criminals at the border, but as we all know the resources are just not there.

My point about the OP is that it just makes ALL immigrants look bad, by showing some skewed imprisonment stats.

How about some stats about the GOOD things that they do for a change?