The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Considering Full Re-spray

mr_maj

Hi guys ive got a black supra RZ, iv been considering a full colour change for some time now and think i will finally get it done.

Ive been trying to find colours, I dont like those flip paints so dont think i will go for one of those colours. Rather one of those electricy blue/purple colours, I cant find much info on where to get the paint codes and info etc, can anyone suggest anywhere?

At the same time i will probably fit a bomex front bumper and maybe C-West side skirts and have the whole lot sprayed up in one go.

I poped into auto paint in bradford on my way home from work today, had a look through some colour cards iv pretty much ruled out the flip paint colours. There were some more subtle flip paints which were quite good, until i came across the range offered by Rage-Extreme i liked the 'Shockwaves' in 'Surfers Paradise' Its nice shade of blue, but very expensive i got quoted 133+VAT Per Litre!

Has anyone come across Rage-Extreme paints? Are they worth it?

My grey car is painted in Rage Extreme Shockwaves Thunderstorm. Depending on the lighting (even the colour of the sky) the car can appear anything from Black to Silver to Bronze. Most of the time it looks like plain old Toyota Quicksilver.

£135/Ltr is not expensive for custom paint.

There's some pics of the grey car in the Multimedia Gallery

My grey car is painted in Rage Extreme Shockwaves Thunderstorm. Depending on the lighting (even the colour of the sky) the car can appear anything from Black to Silver to Bronze. Most of the time it looks like plain old Toyota Quicksilver.

£135/Ltr is not expensive for custom paint.

There's some pics of the grey car in the Multimedia Gallery

I thought it looked brown :eyebrows:

Jake, do you think you could post some pics on this thread?

How much did it cost you in total to get the re-spray done inc the cost of paint?

Cost £1030 to buy the body kit, £450 for the paint, £1500 for Dude to paint the car.

http://img77.exs.cx/img77/6524/PortsdownHill8.th.jpghttp://img77.exs.cx/img77/3519/PortsdownHill4.th.jpghttp://img77.exs.cx/img77/329/PortsdownHill3.th.jpg

No I haven't. I was on a bit of a wind up. From the photo's I saw ages ago it looked a decent paint job
Ah, you bugger! :D

To be fair it does look MSB/Bronze in some lights.

Personally, I'd never have a car painted in a custom colour again. It's too much hassle when you need stonechips or scratches sorted out. Standard colours for me from now on.