The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tsia's Single Turbo 1A1

Tsia

Hi guys,

Afraid I haven't got a fancy name for this project (yet ;)) but I thought I'd get a thread up with some progress, along with a little history of the car. I bought the car as a relatively stock TT from the forum, with the only mods being some wheels, a spoiler removal ( :( ) and a few interior bits, like a custom LED dash. It wasn't too long after I purchased it, that the turbos began smoking. It seems there was foreign material in the oil and it'd ruined the turbos. I had the turbos rebuilt as well as the oil flushed multiple times to remove any contaminants - which was fine for a while... until disaster struck again! I lost all boost from the first turbo. I took it apart to have a look and indeed, something had gone through the turbo and wrecked it. It was around this time that I found out my job was being made redundant, so the thought of another rebuild + repairing whatever it was that caused these turbos to go, filled me with dread! Thankfully, my prayers to the Supra god were answered and I managed to land myself a much nicer job than before, so decided to get rid of the twins in favour of something not only faster, but also not a 20+ year old rebuilt turbo system!

Anyway, you didn't come to the thread for text, so here are some pictures!

The car when I got it:

20140607_204852 (1).jpg

The custom dashboard:

DSC00674.jpg

The turbo, with soup can for size comparison (BW S362 FMW 1.0AR):

B8dBj__IMAAMpPu.jpg

The Whifbitz manifold (Arrived Yesterday - thanks Paul!):

20150222_111525.jpg

Turbosmart Wastegates & Supersonic BOV:

B9LZbcpCIAA8PqK.jpg

And an Ultra Racing strut brace as the old one is looking a bit tired:

tAziWUT.jpg

The engine has been removed from the car, and will be fully rebuilt, along with the head. Here's a picture of it looking a bit worse for wear:

20150221_124956.jpg

I'll keep the thread updated with progress, hopefully I'll have a few pictures of the engine build itself if anybody is interested :)

I've got to decide what to do about the intake manifold, though. I'm having all the pipework fabricated for a perfect fit and I'm not sure if I could deal with having an old, matte intake manifold next to all this shiny pipework. To get it polished, or to see if I can stretch to a Greddy style of intake? Hmm...:sly: